Viewing 27 posts - 1 through 27 (of 27 total)
  • Dishwasher: I am correct in paying a bit more for a Bosch arn't I?
  • moe_szyslak
    Free Member

Choices are few, I need slimline and I have a voucher for currys, which gives me but 4 choices on the website. I am correct in going for the dearer Bosch over Indesit and Hotpoint arn't I?

cinnamon_girl

No, go for Miele.

grumm
    Free Member

I have a slimline Bosch – it worked great for just over two years, but now it's fecked and out of warranty. Must get round to trying to fix it sometime.

Innes
    Free Member

I have bought Bosch appliances in the past and they didn't last. We replaced them with Beko ones for a fraction of the cost, and they have outlasted the Bosch ones, and are still going strong.

I wouldn't buy expensive appliances again. Our Beko slimline dishwasher was much cheaper than the Bosch, and it cleans the dishes, which helps.

moe_szyslak
    Free Member

Guys/girl. only options are what is listed due to having to go to comet and they only have 4 machines form the three brands listed.

Ambrose

I've had a slimline Indesit for over 10 years now. Works fantastically, never any problems apart from worn out cutlery basket. On my second, really need to buy another. Top Tip- I drilled a load of holes into a small piece of aluminium sheet, cut to fit into the base of one of the compartments in the (plastic) cutlery basket. It helps to stop the really sharp things damaging the basket. Mostly.

Nick

I've had two bosch dishwashers, neither has missed a beat ever, the first was sold for 50 quid to the builder when we had a fitted kitchen installed as part of an extension, the fitted one has been going two years now without a problem.

DaveGr
    Free Member

Indesit/Hotpoint are the same company so underneath may be the same machine. The cheaper Bosch are not made in Germany if you're expecting it to be put together in an efficient German manner.

But looking at the Which website might be interesting reading.

Sandwich

Plastics on modern Bosch white goods are not very good. Ours have split/broken handles and the switch assembly has just gone on the dishwasher. Avoid and buy Miele/AEG, Currys should be able to order these. (NB cheaper Miele dishwashers are not designed to use 75 in 1 tablets, just powder and rinse aid).

mastiles_fanylion
    Free Member

Are dishwasher tablets the new razor?

One hundred and seventy twelve in one tablets.

Razors with eleventy twelve blades, beard trimmer, Brazilian attachment and sideys add on…

hp_source

I know of a Miele Dishwasher that going strong still after about 18/19 years. Not bad going for a what was a house with 5 people for the first 10 years of it's life.

shoefiti
    Free Member

my bosch now only works after a good shoeing, and whilst your kicking and swearing at it it pisses it's self over the floor, it's not only rubbish at washing dishes, it's a damn pussy too.

takisawa2

Ours was cheap.
    Cant remember the make but its somewhere between Bush & Alba in TV/Video terms.
    Has been a reliable old machine though.

Chainsets & mechs come out very clean.

Brother_Will
    Free Member

Buy a whirlpool one from IKEA and get a 5 year warrenty. Theres only whirlpool at the moment but theres an electolux range available from them soon.

squin
    Free Member

We've had a Siemens (identical to Bosch and probably made in the same place) for 5+ years and touch wood, it has been spot on. Gets used twice a day too! Looks nice also as it's Stainless Steel!

breatheeasy
    Free Member

Haven't got a bad thing to say about the Bosch washer and tumbler we've got. I'd probably plump for Bosch as the next fridge we purchase.

Small goods are poor though – the toaster and kettle we had were shocking.

cinnamon_girl

From many years experience, I would not economise on white goods. I don't know how much you have to spend but I would seriously think about how long you expect your dishwasher to last, how much usage it will get, call-out charges etc etc.

brassneck

I would steer clear of Indeshit, mine lasted 14 months and as a reasonably competent engineer I have narrowed it down to a new controller board – seems to work perfectly but no water is heated. Element checks out, thermistor replaced as it's cheap, but I'm not throwing another £50 + VAT after it.

hoodoo
    Free Member

moe_szyslak, I've had a Bosch for 10 years which has just died. Going for a Miele now. Not really advise just a very dull and short story

GTDave
    Free Member

Top of the range Bosch dishwasher we bought 4 years ago failed after 2 years of regular use (repaired and been fine since).
    Bosch washing machine (3 years old) has started making funny clunky noises.

6 year old AEG tumbly-bumbly has been faultless.
    10 year old hotpoint fridge freezer also faultless.
    8 month old Bosch steam iron was woeful. Replacement Philips one has been sound.

In conclusion, I don't think Bosch are anywhere near all that they used to be, reliability wise.

Zulu-Eleven
    Free Member

Got a Bosch washer dryer in 1998, was about 600 quid.

I took out the bosch extended parts only warranty deal. about fifty quid extra (unlike the silly shop ones that cost a fortune)

The washer survived two babies – washes pretty much every day, for four years when the program unit went, replaced under the warranty (about forty quid labour charge) then carried on as the kids grew up – when I moved i gave it to my brother and its still going strong!

So, overall, I thought bloody good value and its lasted very well – but worth taking the parts only warranty just in case!

rkk01
    Free Member

Our Smeg has handled XT crankest and casette with no probs…

MidLifeCyclist
    Free Member

cinnamon_girl – Member

No, go for Miele.

+1

MikeG

We've got a Bosch slimline, had it just over a year and had the engineers out to it four times now – 2 new pumps, several seals and the control module.

Bosch customer services are good though, engineer has been out within 48 hours each time.

ransos
    Free Member

I would have seconded the recommendation for AEG, but mine has just started leaking all over the kitchen floor, and it's less than three years old. I get the impression that they're not as good quality as they used to be.

Lardy_biker
    Free Member

Going for Miele is not to be taken lightly!

I tried to replace our AEG washing machine with a Miele to be told the basic fitted one would cost £1100. Went with another AEG. About as good as it gets without being mad money.

That said we had a bosch for 4 years which didnt miss a beat and my missus has a serious OCD problem about clean clothes (the thing seemed to be on constantly!).

midlifecrashes

Would have said, Miele too, but just checked the prices and they've gone through the roof. Ten years ago they were maybe a £100 premium over the other brands and were well worth it. Ours hasn't missed a beat. If any of the other brands have copied the extra top drawer for cutlery it's a good idea as it leaves all of the bottom clear for large or odd shaped stuff.

Viewing 27 posts - 1 through 27 (of 27 total)

The topic ‘Dishwasher: I am correct in paying a bit more for a Bosch arn't I?’ is closed to new replies.