Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Dishwasher ……easy to install?
  • easygroove
    Free Member

I’m a complete numpty at all diy and bike maintenance for that matter. I have successfully put my washing machine in the slot before, but have never tried fitting a dishwasher. Is it straight forward or is it a job for a plumber? (its semi integrated)

Any brand recommendations?

cynic-al
    Free Member

A bit trickier, mainly attaching the cover and aligning it-plumbing just the same I think.

cynic-al
    Free Member

Check Which for brands…in your library

cynic-al
    Free Member

Check Which for brands…in your library

Blazin-saddles
    Free Member

If the supplies are already in (waste/cold water) then it’s exactly the same as fitting a washer. the only tricky part is fitting the semi integrated door and lining through with the other units.

Bosch are among the easiest to install from my experience, but tbh they’re all much of a muchness.

TheFunkyMonkey
    Free Member

Plumbing is the same as a washing machine.

Integrated appliances are more tricky though, don’t fully adjust the feet before sliding it home, leave about 20mm, it will go in much easier. Be very careful with the feet too, they bend easily and the adjusters can sometimes break so if you can, tilt it to relieve some some of the weight.
    A bit of varnish or silicone on the underside of the worktop will prevent steam damaging it.
    When you fit the door, test fit several times before screwing it up and check the screw length TWICE!

crofts2007
    Free Member

You will probably find you need the full depth of the worktop, (wall to the front), as the dishwasher is usually slightly deeper than a washer, i.e. the plumbing needs to be in the next cupboard.
    Possibly more so for an integrated one.

CharlieMungus
    Free Member

This fella seemed to do it fine

grantway
    Free Member

Very Easy! But do love it when people try and have a go and you look at the multi drilled out
    holes on the back of the door where they had a go 😆

easygroove
    Free Member

for a proper job….is it a job for a plumber or a chippy or both?

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘Dishwasher ……easy to install?’ is closed to new replies.