Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)
  • Discovering you are a gigantic hypocrite
  • Northwind

I’ve been walking around being all smug at the ridiculous amount of extra free holidays I get over christmas- I work for a University and we’re completely shut down.

So, I was just planning out the next couple of weeks and thought, I know, I’ll get in some more long gym sessions while it’s quiet. Went online and checked the gym opening times and ZOMG! They’re closed until the 5th! That’s totally unacceptable, what if I eat too many mince pies and need to sweat out some goose fat?

So, a big stroppy fit ensues, til suddenly the penny drops… My gym is part of the uni, and I’m getting annoyed that my colleagues get the same holidays I do!

Anyone else recently realised they’re a prick?

_tom_
    Free Member

Yeah I used to think road bikes were shite and for right gayers til I rode one and realised they’re fun, and way more suitable than a mtb for the East Midlands.

ernie_lynch
    Free Member

Yep, when I clicked on this thread and realised I should be doing something more useful.

Northwind

ernie_lynch – Member

Yep, when I clicked on this thread and realised I should be doing something more useful.

Slow learner I guess?

konabunny
    Free Member

Constantly, but it invokes such cognitive dissonance that I’m able to white out and ignore it.

cynic-al
    Free Member

I’m not a prick 😉

Northwind

Al answers the question, no 😉

grantway
    Free Member

LOL well done Northwind aren’t you just not happy with your
    largely ridiculous 6 weeks holiday over the Summer months !

fadda

I’ve known for years… 🙁

Northwind

We don’t get any extra summer break. But thanks!

ernie_lynch
    Free Member

Bollox…..I’ve done it again.

yunki
    Free Member

hypocrisy is ok and unavoidable in a free society.. letting your opinions be influenced by some weird rule is just…. weird

I think the only pricks are the people that perpetuate the myth that hypocrisy is something to be frowned upon..

emancipate yourselves from mental slavery maaaan..

samuri
    Free Member

Yep, I’m constantly wrong about everything and constantly am the antithesis of my own opinion.

As I’ve got older I’ve learned to stop blurting things that allow other people to be aware of this fact but I still think them, even when I realise I’m being hypocritical.

In a world where I was honest to myself I’d shoot me to remove my hypocrisy from the world but, well, there I go again.

atlaz
    Free Member

Yes. Daily. I seem to be living with it though.

br
    Free Member

there was me assuming it was a Tony BLiar post…

nick1962
    Free Member

Seems this thread title has passed the most obvious STW candidates by..so far

Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)

The topic ‘Discovering you are a gigantic hypocrite’ is closed to new replies.