Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • Discouraging words for ’09 p7 pro…….?
  • SiB
    Free Member

…can anyone give me any? Put a refundable deposit on one and going to collect at weekend if I decide I still want it. Tested it on limited ride and my decision was almost made there and then. Just wondering if anyone can say anything bad about it as all I can find is praise!?

rs
    Free Member

It’s pish don’t buy it!

rs
    Free Member

but seriously, sounds like you like it so go for it.

MrNutt
    Free Member

nope, just make sure you get the good (chunkier) drop outs, the old ones were made of cheese!

and yes you do need to pull the frame apart slightly to fit the wheel!

ton

aftersales…………;o(

SiB
    Free Member

New drop outs checked as heard about those, thanks for advice on pulling frame apart to fit wheel! Yes, have heard about aftersales……is the retailer not responsible to the purchaser? Buying from a reputable (?) chain of stores so hoping this wont be a problem?

An alternative – http://www.halfords.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/product_storeId_10001_catalogId_10151_productId_258443_langId_-1_categoryId_165499

Opinions appreciated.

MrNutt
    Free Member

Orange have always been very helpful when I’ve had anything to do with them, I haven’t heard any recent tales of horrendous customer service, they even pop in and out of here, It seems like they may have sorted the customer service issues?

fwokinfwok
    Free Member

Cracking bike. The latest frames have chunkier dropouts on and are 3 bolted. I think you’ll find Orange’s customer service suffered a few years ago. I’ve always found them helpful when I call, and more so for sorting out my re-paint quickly before my holiday

Shack
    Free Member

Nice bike if you’re a big girls blouse

SiB
    Free Member

Thought long and hard and had a few test rides over the last couple of months……..P7 it is then this weekend, thanks for all your advice. I’m just relieved I’ve reached a decision!

SiB
    Free Member

Shack – we’ll see whoes got the biggest blouse on when we get out together, you’ll probably have stilletoes on too!

ml
    Free Member

I’ve got an 08 P7 Pro, and it really is an excellent bike, especially if you like being out all day. Do it!

KingofBiscuits
    Free Member

Sorry…thread hijack:

fwokinfwok – how quickly did they re-paint your frame? Really tempted to get this done next month but as I only have one bike I don’t want to be out of action for too long.

MrCrushrider
    Free Member

ive always had excellent customer service from orange, but give em a ring if you need to – dont bother with email

ShinyRedOrange
    Free Member

I love my P7, The 07 bikes were the last bikes to have the thinner drop outs, and on every case I’ve heard of Orange have sent out replacements for free if they have been needed.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)

The topic ‘Discouraging words for ’09 p7 pro…….?’ is closed to new replies.