Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Disc Rotor types….
  • trek_rider
    Free Member

Hi, just bought some new wheels, and they need centre lock discs… Are there 2 types of centre lock? I have found shimano onces with fat splines, and ones with lots of slimmer splines… I need the slimmer one, but didnt know there were 2 types? Brakes are Shimano, so guess discs need to be too.

Thanks

baznav73
    Free Member

don’t quite know what you mean, as far as i know there is only one type of centre lock the shimano standard i have never come across a different type, i work in a shop and shimano have always used the same standard on all their rotors, or all the rotors we have ever stocked anyway, so any shimano rotor should fit.

nickjb
    Free Member

Some saint splines are bigger AIUI, and will only fit certain rotors the rest are the same. You don’t need to use shimano rotors, any brand will do.

Northwind

There’s 2 different shimano locking pieces though- one only fits on quick release wheels and fits with a cassette tool, the other is for bigger axles and fits with a BB tool I think.

thomthumb
    Free Member

are they on one hubs? there were some on one hubs that a centre lock rotor went on a centre lock type adaptor. i think they stop making them.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The topic ‘Disc Rotor types….’ is closed to new replies.