Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Disc dynamo front wheel…where?
  • eulach

I really haven’t got the motivation to source the components and build a wheel but I can’t find any prebuilt dynamo (magneto) front wheels for a sensible price. I’m looking for something like this. 29″/700c Any ideas?

swanny853

Depending on your definition of ‘sensible price’, jra have a dynamo wheel builder here

cannondaleking
    Free Member

Drop me an email with what your after dude and I’ll get you some prices emails through my website.

johnnystorm

I was going to say….try the Germans. I got mine from Keep Pedalling, not cheap but it’s done over 6000 miles with no issues.

Bez

Rose usually have something on offer.

MoreCashThanDash

Spa Cycles in Harrogate?

whitestone
    Free Member

Spa cycles used to be very reasonable with their wheel building charge, from memory I think it was £25 if you were buying the components from them. Here’s their dynamo front wheels http://www.spacycles.co.uk/products.php?plid=m2b0s170p0

robdeanhove
    Free Member

Shimano do an Alfine dynamo full wheel, in back or silver. Mine’s been rolling happily on a both MTB and touring/commuting bike for years

CLICH HERE TO SEE

CraigW
    Free Member

Rosebikes can do custom wheelbuilding, just email them with what you want.
    I got one from them last year – Shimano 3D80 dynamo hub, with Mavic A319 rim, DT spokes. Cost about £120 delivered.
    I’m sure they could do something cheaper if you prefer.

eulach

I was hoping to keep it under 100 quid. Looks like rose may be the best option or stop being lazy and do it myself. Thanks, guys.

prawny

I was going to suggest spa as well, not sure if the shimano ones dip under £100 though

Edit – bonus, 80 notes
    http://www.spacycles.co.uk/products.php?plid=m2b0s170p1794

Edit 2 – not disc Arse

willyboy
    Free Member

I bought mine from Germany via eBay (Bike hof shop). XT /Mavic rim. Approx £115 posted.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

The topic ‘Disc dynamo front wheel…where?’ is closed to new replies.