Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Disc braked road bike content
  • lunge

As the UCI are allowing all teams a chance to trial disc brakes for 2 events in September and August this year I suspect we’ll see some interesting bits of kit in the coming couple of months.

First up, Bernie Eisel has just posted pics of his Dogma disc with some, I suspect, prototype Shimano wheels too. Nice.

djtom
    Free Member

Good god that is fugly. Something about the head tube / front end / fork angle just looks all sorts of wrong. And cheap (for some inexplicable reason).

Brakes are nice though 😉

jonba
    Free Member

Saw this elsewhere. Will be a long time before they become a regular feature though. What I read suggested if all goes well it will be 2017 by the time they are UCI legal. Allow a little longer for trickle down to the masses for racing*. Likely plenty of pros won’t switch in any case unless there are massive advantages. Discs have been legal in CX for a while but when you look at the bikes the majority are still on cantis in the world cup.

Use of discs will see a lot more carbon rims on the road as well. Again, if my roadie had discs then carbon rims would be a no brainer.

Bike looks nice, rear caliper position means clean seat stays without the disadvantage of having a standard caliper down by the BB where it gets covered in spray and muck off the road.

*Only thing stopping my next bike having hydro discs is the fact I want to continue doing BC road races.

ahwiles
    Free Member

you heard it here first; next years Dogma will have a rear spoiler, and neons, to complete the Max-Power! look.

munrobiker
    Free Member

Pinarello really can’t make a good looking bike can they?

bikebouy
    Free Member

Yup Vanmoot Rumprt are using Discs in the Enico this week. First UCI race.

I expect a riot.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘Disc braked road bike content’ is closed to new replies.