Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Disc brake rubbing, how do I sort it?
  • Mantastic
    Free Member

As per post, my disc rota Is rubbing on the housing of the brake pad rather than the pad. There is an uneven gap from the disc to the two sides of the caliper. What the best solution to get the rota central?

Thanks in advance

mboy
    Free Member

Post Mount or IS caliper?

professorfaceplant
    Free Member

I’m not sure with IS mount – probably add or remove washers, if it is post mount the best way i have found is to loosen the bolts holding the caliper to the frame – just enough that the caliper is free to wobble around, then pump the brake leaver a few times to get the cylinders central, then with the brakes fully on tighten the bolts back up.

Scienceofficer
    Free Member

just enough that the caliper is free to wobble around, then pump the brake leaver a few times to get the cylinders central, then with the brakes fully on tighten the bolts back up.

This +1 – its a good start before some finer adjustments.

Be aware though, this technique is only really useful if the pistons are moving equally well, and your disc is straight.

mrmo
    Free Member

just check your disc hasn’t bent/warped, if it has any fiddling with the calliper will be a waste of time.

RDL-82
    Free Member

Failing that, some thin washers behind the mount, depending on which direction/side the rubbings on. Putting a 0.25mm m6 washer on the Bfe was enough to sort the rubbing out for me as I couldn’t move the caliper enough to get things central.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘Disc brake rubbing, how do I sort it?’ is closed to new replies.