Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Disc brake adaptors 200-203mm
  • gordonb
    Free Member

Hi,

Got 2 frames, with 2 sets of hope brakes, and 1 set of wheels…

The new brakes are 203/183 Tech M4’s and the old ones are 200/180 Mono M4’s, both IS fittings.

Are there any adaptors out there so I can use the wheels with both frames, and not have to change the rotors?

ta

G

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

Have you tried? its only 1.5 mm difference in outside diameter so either way round it might work

You won’t get 1s to 1s +3 mm adaptors

gordonb
    Free Member

Hmmmmmm the bigger rotors are on the bike I use more often, with the newer brakes, the older brakes are on the patriot, can’t swap the back brake without faffing.

Thanks any way

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

Have you tried the wheels with the bigger rotors on the frame set up for the smaller? Its worth a try.

gordonb
    Free Member

Not yet, but did try a mate’s wheels in the frame, and it wasn’t great.

neilc1881
    Free Member

I’ve got the same issue on my 5 and Ragley, all I’ve done is space the 200 out a touch using a couple of washers, just does enough to stop the rubbing sound. This way I can swap DH/XC wheels between either bike with ease and lack of annoying rubbing.

coogan
    Free Member

Washers?

neilc1881
    Free Member

Washers between the caliper and post mount, pushes the caliper out by about a mm, enough to stop the disc rubbing on the arch of the pad spring between the brake pads.

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

neil – the OP says IS mount otherwise your idea would be fine

gordonb
    Free Member

Neilc, that’s exactly what happens, but both front and back are IS, which is where the head scratching comes in….. ta any way

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘Disc brake adaptors 200-203mm’ is closed to new replies.