Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 43 total)
  • Disappointing biscuits
  • thepurist

I’m quite partial to the odd chocolate digestive as a post ride recovery aid, so when I spied these new Double Chocolate digestives in the supermarket I thought it was too good to resist – chocolate digestives with extra chocolatey goodness, what could possibly be wrong with that?

Well for starters, the (buttery) biscuit base has lost some of that good old digestive texture and is a bit more like a round bourbon, then the chocolate chips in there are few and far between, so (post dunking) you just end up with a homogeneous mush without any nuggets of crunch or extra chocolatey bits.

Fox’s extremely chocolate chunky cookies are still the gold standard as far as I’m concerned, but I suppose I’ll have to finish this packet just to confirm my suspicions.

LoCo
    Free Member

Pink wafers 👿

wwaswas

I’m sure some of my relatives hunt out the Peak Freenes “Slightly Dissapointing Chrimstmas Assortment” each year which contains biscuits carefully designed to taste much blander than they look.

thepurist

+1 wwaswas, and after a day or two the Lemony Cream thing’s flavour/odour just permeates everything else in there.

grievoustim
    Free Member

“Nice” biscuits – never has a biscuit been so oversold

unklehomered
    Free Member

Hob Nobs, but without choc on.

END
    OF
    THREAD.

xcgb
    Free Member

Thats a tragic heart wrenching story, I feel your pain brother…. 🙁

ononeorange

+1 for Nice but Rich Teas really take the biscuit.

binners

All biscuits are ultimately disappointing, being neither a pie nor a packet of crisps

Well for starters, the (buttery) biscuit base has lost some of that good old digestive texture

A buttery biscuit base, you say….

[video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OMg3epr53Ns[/video]

dannybgoode

@binners – love that vid – seen it a few times and always makes me smile.

Does strike me that some people have far too much time on their hands though.

As for disappointing biscuits – when someone offers you a chocolate digestive and then you realise they’ve bought the dark chocolate ones…

Cheers

Danny B

grievoustim
    Free Member

Add to that

When someone gives you a choc digestive , and on biting in you realise it’s not mcvities.

I’m not a brand whore usually, but I make an exception here

fabs

For informative biscuit reviews:
    nicecupofteaandasitdown.com

stumpy01

Bourbons and custard creams….

Meh.

portlyone

The American sort. When will they learn.

phil.w
    Free Member

A buttery biscuit base, you say….

I was just scrolling down to add a link to that! 🙂

thepurist

binners, phil.w – played for and got! 😉

onewheelgood

@dannybgoode, you are so wrong there. Dark chocolate is the only way to go – the milk chocolate digestive tastes of sugar and not much else. Disgusting.

Bring back the Abbey Crunch!

dannybgoode

Don’t start fighting now OWG – I am in a bad mood as it is.

You are wrong and that is all there is to it… 😉

Cheers

Danny B

patriotpro
    Free Member

Another one for Bourbons – minging things they are.

‘Penguins’ are crap n all.

Have to open the thread back up tho wwaswas, non-choc hob-nobs are still quality biscuits. 😉

In contrast to rubbish biscuits the ultimate biscuit has to be TUC sandwich.

PMK2060

onewheelgood – Abbey Crunch were great biscuits.

My wife bought a pack of Oreo a couple of weeks ago. I explained that a divorce was inevitable if she ever brought such crap into the house again.

Standard mcvities milk chocolate biccies are my no. 1.

thepurist

the ultimate biscuit has to be TUC sandwich.

That, sir, is a cracker. NOT a biscuit. FACT!

ETA – PMK2060 – with you on Oreos. I tried them as I wondered what all the fuss is about. Still wondering.

sicklilpuppy
    Free Member

Milk chocolate on a biscuit is the devils food. Only dark chocolate shluld be used on any thing. That is a scientific fact.

rossi46
    Free Member

I’m still searching for the Ultimate Biscuit 🙂

onewheelgood

A marshal was handing out Bourbons at the top of the grassy climb just before the Red Bull section at Mayhem on Sunday morning. Stupidly, I took one, and got a really slow time on the section as I was totally preoccupied with trying to consume the horribly dry biscuit.
    Still, nice gesture, just wrong biscuit.

patriotpro
    Free Member

That, sir, is a cracker. NOT a biscuit. FACT!

Biscuit…or a biscuit sandwich even!

rossi46
    Free Member

Oatcake type biccies are my favourites

Oh, and ginger thins 😛

onewheelgood

sicklilpuppy speaks the truth

Cougar

My wife bought a pack of Oreo a couple of weeks ago. I explained that a divorce was inevitable if she ever brought such crap into the house again.

For a nation that consumes so much snack food, the Americans have some bizarre tastes. Oreos seem to be a national sensation, and they’re one of the most insipid excuses for a biscuit I’ve ever come across.

steveoath
    Free Member

I’ve never got Jammy Dodgers. Seem too dry, but with a cement like interior designed to stick the dryness to your mouth. euch.

z1ppy

I’m sure you could sue McVities for slander

More chocloate, is there ****! Still they are the ultimate go to biscuit.

As for dark chocolate only, OUTSIDE NOW!

DaveRambo

Aha – the truth of the slow laps is out.

Last year it was someone taking photos at sunset. This year it’s a team member having afternoon tea halfway round a lap.

IT’S A RACE !

🙂

Northwind

Just about anything gluten free. When I sliced my hand up, I got to spend about 5 hours in A&E on a saturday night. My only source of amusement was to hand out gluten free choc chip and digestive biscuits to the unsuspecting public and watch their faces.

back2basics
    Free Member

at christmas i’m sure we tried M&S extremely chocolaty varieties, and my they were good, especially dunked and held in tea.

tonyd

I love a chocolate biscuit but I think it’s possible to have too much chocolate. Those Fox’s ones for example are lovely

But the extremely chocolatey ones

are just a little too much

PJM1974
    Free Member

Most disappointing?

Well, it would have to be the time I was in my local club back in 1992. Bloke offered me “biscuits” and then wanted fifteen quid for one.

They weren’t even jammy dodgers!

onewheelgood

@DR it was elevenses. And I didn’t stop, either to pick up the biscuit, or to consume it. But it did distract me a bit, so was probably a tactical error.

You can’t call “Nice” biscuits dissapointing. They look rubbish, so the fact they tast rubbish fully meets expectations.

Kit
    Free Member

Opposite of disappointing:

ononeorange

Bourbons are one of the major royalty of biscuits – FACT.

_tom_
    Free Member

It’s all about the boasters choc chip/hazelnut.

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 43 total)

The topic ‘Disappointing biscuits’ is closed to new replies.