Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 69 total)
  • disabled parking permit abuse.
  • zippykona

The man opposite where I work runs a dry cleaning company.
    Everyday I see him carrying large amounts of clothing up to the launderette where they do their ‘special washes’.
    Just now I have seen him running across the road.
    He also has a disabled parking permit in his car where he parks anywhere he wants.
    This really facks me off. I want to dob him in but feel bit of a grass.
    I cycle to work so parking is not an issue for me.
    Its just when you see people struggling and him fit as a fiddle aaaghh.
    So should I grass and who to?

frogstomp

If you think that a Blue Badge is being misused you should:
    get as many details as possible from the badge on display
    report the matter to your local council, who will investigate and take action

From here..

They have no remorse, why should you..?

wwaswas

It may be not ‘his’ permit – it could just belong to a family member and he uses it for his business – I’d shop him.

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

Or he may be disabled / restricted in ways that are not apparent.

namastebuzz
    Free Member

Maybe he has a wife/child who’s disabled?

My sister has a disabled permit for her son but she doesn’t abuse it for her own use.

You could check his badge and see who it’s for or even ask him about it before dobbing him in.

ahwiles
    Free Member

i say go stalker-mental.

get photo’s, take notes, record times, buy night-vision goggles, follow him.

and then tell the council, and then get some therapy.

allthepies
    Free Member

I’d like to hear of a disability which allows him to run around and carry heavy loads daily but which is restrictive enough such that he can’t walk an extra few yards in a carpark.

rightplacerighttime
    Free Member

Dob him in.

Abuse is rife.

If he is genuinely disabled they’ll let him keep it. If he’s not then he’ll lose it.

My favourite example of abuse is at the swimming baths in Poole, where there are disabled spaces right outside the front door, but they are pay and display.

So every day fleets of “disabled” drivers park their cars on the yellow lines of the main road about 100 yards away, blocking the road for other drivers, so they don’t have to pay.

captaincarbon
    Free Member

allthepies

I too have a ‘blue badge’.

I compete in triathlons, run and ride regularly, consider myself to be pretty fit, but following a serious spinal op can have no spacial awareness if sat driving for any lenght of time, or when im tired. This results in me falling flat on my face when i get out of a car.

If this guy is taking the piss, then he need to be reported. Any genuinely disabled driver would have no qualms about this.

The point im making is please dont judge a book by its cover!

alfabus
    Free Member

no spacial awareness if sat driving for any lenght of time

isn’t spacial awareness handy (some would say essential) when driving a car?

Dave

captaincarbon
    Free Member

Hahaha! cheers Dave! 😀

I cannot dorsiflex enough to clear the pavement…………

FuzzyWuzzy

You have no spatial awareness whilst driving or only once you get out? I hope it’s not the former…

Cougar

I cannot dorsiflex enough to clear the pavement.

I mean no disrespect, but I don’t see how a blue badge would help in this situation?

alfabus
    Free Member

captaincarbon… still confused, but don’t mean to pry (much).

Dorsiflexion is movement of your ankles/feet right? so isn’t that also quite necessary when driving a car (brake pedal etc.)?

Dave

wwaswas

I don’t see how a blue badge would help in this situation?

maybe the larger parking bays give more ‘falling over’ room?

stumpy01

My dad has had a couple of strokes and as I understand it is legible for a blue badge.
    But he doesn’t have one as he doesn’t feel he needs it and doesn’t want to take advantage of the system. But he can walk miles & miles, swim, lift heavy objects etc. and you would be hard pressed to know he had any problems.

People in a similar situation to him may feel it is their ‘right’ to have a blue badge if they can get it, whether morally they should or not.
    Perhaps he is one of these people?

crankboy
    Free Member

In the immortal words of Half man Half Biscuit:-

Blue Badge Abuser

A dirty rounder, a no-good fraud
    A ne’er-do-well of the highest accord
    I’ve got the supermarket sympathy vote
    I’ve got a ten year old doctor’s note

‘Cos I’m a Blue, Blue Badge Abuser
    I’m a Blue, Blue Badge Abuser

I park up in the pouring rain
    The space was empty, who’s to complain
    And if they did, I’d say I’m due for the op
    And sprint wilfully off to the shop

(Fetch my stick, Margaret!)

I used to favour Justice and Truth
    An eye for an eye, a tooth for a tooth
    One day I know I’ll have to face his wrath
    A walk in hell for a walk-in bath

Blue Badge Abuser

From: Half Man Half Biscuit: Blue Badge Abuser – lyrics http://www.chrisrand.com/hmhb/csi-ambleside/blue-badge-abuser/#ixzz1aYauwMYc

I’d report him when i had the power to do so i threatened a colleague with the sack for routinely misusing a disabled space.

GrahamS

isn’t spacial awareness handy (some would say essential) when driving a car?

Women seem to manage okay.

Harry_the_Spider

My mum used to have a blue badge because she ferried her mum, who was registered blind, about.

The first time they used it and parked in a disabled bay my gran got out of the car and put on a limp as she walked to the shop. My mum asked her what she was doing so my gran said that she thought that she should at least look disabled if they were going to use a disabled parking space.

Back to the OP. Dob him in.

If pisses me off to see all of the rich bitches round our way parking in the disabled bays in their massive 4x4s and flash coupes then tottering in to the shops on their high heels. Nowt wrong with the buggers, they just think that because they have a flash car they can park right outside the shop.

captaincarbon
    Free Member

Cougar.

It means i can park closer to my destination and not fall flat on my face! I work for the NHS, and need my car for home visits etc,

alfabus.

when driving you use a greater force to plantarflex using your calf (soleus) muscle when depressing pedals, to dorsiflex the muscles are more relaxed. When getting out of the car the muscle that lifts, or dorsiflexes the foot (Tibialis Anterior) doesn’t recieve the signal correctly because of the spinal chord injury, to enable me to do this, so i can trip over a rizla paper!

Taff
    Free Member

Like my father in law.

All I would say is that ebfore you dob them in be very sure about what you are doing to make sure that it’s his badge and him whose taking the mickey. Having someone investigated and having a badge taken away can be devastating. That said there are some people who take the p***

captaincarbon
    Free Member

stumpy01

Sorry to hear about your dad, i lost mine to a stroke last year.

its your Dads choice, and rightly so.

I use my right when i need to, i dont abuse it.

alfabus
    Free Member

ah, i see… so you can lift your whole leg to move from accelerator to brake pedal, but don’t have the fine control to avoid arse-over-tit antics after you get out.

thanks for the explanation 🙂 Good luck with avoiding errant rizla papers.

Dave

binners

A few years ago I saw a Ferrari 360 parked behind Kendals with a blue badge. Clearly not a wheelchair user then?

And Harry… the rich bitches in 4×4’s you’re talking about. The same ones who pull up on the zig zag yellow lines outside the school to drop the kids off. Technically they could be classed as disabled. As they certainly seem to have lost the use of their ****ing legs!

captaincarbon
    Free Member

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K6e_zcp-W2g

one of these binners? 😉

zippykona

Yesterday in the disabled Bay I saw a car with a disabled sticker in it.
    It was a spoof one and said deafened by the funk in small letters underneath it.k
    Honestly how low can you get?

binners

Was it James Brown?

alba23
    Free Member

Maybe be has a stutter .

Junkyard
    Free Member

dob then in but they may have a legitimate reason ..it is very annoying and inconsiderate.
    Some fit healthy folk who cannot even be arsed to walk a few extra metres to a shop…I hate them.

GrahamS

Some fit healthy folk who cannot even be arsed to walk a few extra metres to a shop…

Cougar

deafened by the funk in small letters underneath it.k
    Honestly how low can you get?

You’re confusing ‘funk’ with ‘bass.’

Cougar

All I would say is that ebfore you dob them in be very sure about what you are doing to make sure that it’s his badge and him whose taking the mickey. Having someone investigated and having a badge taken away can be devastating

If the badge isn’t being misused, then they’ll investigate and take no action, non?

project
    Free Member

My dad had a blue badge permit, parked in Tesco one day, all the disabled spaces full, so double parked over 2 spaces to get his wheel chair out, abuse from a fat woman who wanted to park next to me ,despite a huge car park, told her to report it to shop management.

Took dad into Tesco, did his shopping, local natives had stolen all the disabled trolleys that clamp onto the wheel chair, so a young lady offered to push a trolley round for us, as you cant push a trolley and a wheelchir independantly.

Got outside and the usual bmw chav, was moving out of a disabled space,and it was pouring with rain, so ran and got the van, as i was reversing into the space, a very angry chap, started screaming and shouting, so asked what the problem was, he said youre holding up the traffic reversing into a space, and youre also in a disabled bay, he shouted youre not disabled, by this time a large crowd of rubber neckers had gathered, got out of van and a woman decided she would have a go,demanding to know why i had parked in a disabled spot.

I pointed out i was picking my dad up, like hell you are they shouted, i then pointed to my dad, sitting in a wheelchair,a forlorn looking frail chap,registered blind and suffering from terminal cancer, his both feet tightly bandaged due to leg ulcers.

They all looked,i shouted at them he is disabled, now piss off, and they did very red faced.

NEVER TAKE DISABLED OR MOBILITY IMPAIRED PEOPLE AT FACE VALUE, DISABILITIES COVER A LOT OF ILLNESSES AND MEDICAL CONDITIONS, AND THEYRE NOT ALL WRITTEN ACCROSS THE FOREHEAD FOR IGNORANT BYSTANDERS TO SEE.

slugwash
    Free Member

NEVER TAKE DISABLED OR MOBILITY IMPAIRED PEOPLE AT FACE VALUE, DISABILITIES COVER A LOT OF ILLNESSES AND MEDICAL CONDITIONS, AND THEYRE NOT ALL WRITTEN ACCROSS THE FOREHEAD FOR IGNORANT BYSTANDERS TO SEE.

+1

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

well said project –

GrahamS

project:

Been through similar while ferrying a wheelchair-bound 93 year old great grandmother around.

That’s the worst thing about the folk that have counterfeit badges (or just park in disabled bays because they are selfish cocks) – they make the rest of the world suspicious and angry, to the point that genuine cases get shouted at in supermarkets.

One person’s selfish misdeed causing hassle and stress for perfectly innocent people. Annoys the crap out of me.

captaincarbon
    Free Member

Thank you project

cb

Project

Don’t think the OP was taking anything at face value – running, carrying heavy loads on a daily basis would suggest to me that it would do no harm to enquire…

So that people in your situation have more spaces available to you.

wwaswas

project is right but this isn;t what the OP was describing – it’s just someone using a blue badge to make their job a bit easier for them.

trickydisco
    Free Member

EVER TAKE DISABLED OR MOBILITY IMPAIRED PEOPLE AT FACE VALUE, DISABILITIES COVER A LOT OF ILLNESSES AND MEDICAL CONDITIONS, AND THEYRE NOT ALL WRITTEN ACCROSS THE FOREHEAD FOR IGNORANT BYSTANDERS TO SEE.

+1

Had the same sort of incidents/glares/mumblings when I used to take my dad places who was diagnosed with terminal cancer

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 69 total)

The topic ‘disabled parking permit abuse.’ is closed to new replies.