Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Dirty Jo bikes—what's the score?
  • sonik
    Free Member

Does anyone own or have any information/comments on Dirty Jo bikes?
    They look reasonable, and seem to have a very reasonable price!
    I'm looking at building-up a fresh hardtail, and these guys are looking like a good option at the moment,

http://www.dirtyjobikes.co.uk/frames/

Swiftacular
    Free Member

Which one in particular are you looking at? Ive a few friends that ride them, and for the money, they aren't half bad. Especially like the Big Cheese.

hungrymonkey
    Free Member

thinking of getting a semi-cream for my GF next week – we want to build up a cheapish mtb for her. she is only 5 foot tall, and my lbs has a 14" in stock.
    held the frame today, didn't feel too bulky, welds weren't the prettyist, neither were the dropouts, but its £80…
    guy at the shop had one, and it was fine apparently.

rolfharris
    Free Member

We're the shop HM is on about- like he says, not the neatest or the tidiest of frames but for what they cost it's pretty good. Weight's about 3.5lbs for the Semi Creme and the 15 stone blunderbuss who used to work here rode one for 2 years and didn't kill it.

If you're short we can do you one for buttons- £60-70 (HM- spoke to the boss again, he says he'll do you one for £60).

sonik
    Free Member

looks like i might be going for the semi-creme for financial reasons!!
    £60 ?????

oldgit
    Free Member

I bought my son a Semi-creme and was pretty impressed with the finished build. IIRC although it has a disc mount it only has cable guides, none for hydros. My sons been more than happy with it and has raced it a few times as well.

hungrymonkey
    Free Member

awesome, cheers S_O

sonik, if you end up getting one of the small ones from S_O can my GF have first choice of colour!? think they only have 2 (afaik) one black, one silver… aesthetics is important for the lass! would be awesome 😀
    she should be getting hers early next week.

padrc66
    Free Member

AFAIK their triple butted frame is the same as this one at allterrain for £70: null
    just got one and seems very tidy but not built up yet.
    also available at CRC for £140! null

tinsy
    Free Member

f creme… was a lovely frame.

I gave it to a pal, he made this.

sonik
    Free Member

s_o, wheres your shop? have you got a link?
    hm and p66, whats all this AFAIK about? is it code for some bizzare goings on?

gtkid
    Free Member

Anyone know the geometry?
    AFAIK – as far as I know

Tim
    Free Member

The semi cremes are great – got one for my fiancee last year and its been ace – running 100mm floats on it and seems spot on.

Frame and finish is as good as frames costing a LOT more. I was very happy with it

Tim
    Free Member

If they could do a slot dropout version (with disc), for anywhere near that price, it would walk off the shelves as a second bike/winter bike instant purchase

sonik
    Free Member

the big cheese also looks good. nice matt finish.
    yeah, could do with some dimensions for the semi-creme, not sure whether 16" would be to small!!!!!!!!!!
    tinsy, what's the frame size in your pictures?

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

The topic ‘Dirty Jo bikes—what's the score?’ is closed to new replies.