Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Dirt School Trail High School Day-anyone done one?
  • nmdbase
    Free Member

Feedback please! Is it worth doing? For me it would involve a mega trip, I can also have a few days riding too but it’s a long trek to Glentress from the sarf east 🙂

nmdbase
    Free Member

Anyone????

stuartlangwilson
    Free Member

Dirtschool are excellent, I went twice. Once at GT, once at Innerleithen.

Taz

Cannot comment on the course. Would recommend Dirt School in a heart beat though.

Area worth a visit anyway TBH.

chrisdb
    Free Member

Highly recommended. You’ll feel the benefit for months afterwards as you gradually put all the tips into practice.

rickmeister

Andy and Chris are excellent coaches. recommended…

Northwind

I didn’t have such a great day on the trail highschool day… The coaching was excellent though.

Problem was that one of the group really should have been on the elementary school not highschool- uncomfortable on the reds, wouldn’t go on the blacks, and ended up soaking up loads of Andy’s time. I think we didn’t cover the full course material either.

The course level is really clear, IMO the people who were on the right course shouldn’t have lost out in favour of the person who wasn’t.

But, despite that… It was still worthwhile, and Andy’s coaching is excellent. He’s very perceptive, and quick to understand what’s going on in a rider’s head even when they don’t, and his explanations were usually very clear- and he was quick to pick up if there was confusion.

I’d recommend a 1-to-1 session, that worked better for me- I got a lot more from a halfday than I did for the full day’s school session. More expensive but more valuable. But I’m not ruling out going back and doing the jump school for that matter.

stevomcd
    Free Member

As above, highly-recommended – although if you do live in the south-east, you also have some good coaches down there without having to travel the length of the country!

cows_in_cars
    Free Member

Highly recommended. Like Northwind I was also in a group who for the majority maybe should have been more the entry level group( Think that the overall level of the group is probably impossible to ‘control’) but for me it really didn’t detract from a great day. I just found that I was, perhaps, picking things up a little quicker and pushed things a little further but I didn’t feel I missed out much at all. Even covering basic things that you feel a little bit “yeah yeah I know how to do this” really helps, tiny adjustments and alterations do make a big difference. .
    Andy is a great tutor and found all the advice really helpful despite having ridden for almost 20 years that one day made a lot of difference in terms of speed and control, and I would have described myself before the course as a fairly fast, confident rider but not now looking back with fresh eyes.

nmdbase
    Free Member

Thanks folks, stevomcd, who is good here please? For a closer one I did think Ed Oxley’s flow course but it doesn’t start again until spring

theupsetter
    Free Member

Don’t forget to buy the video – really great
    http://www.resetfilms.co.uk/

stevomcd
    Free Member

nmdbase – Jedi of these parts (UK Bike Skills) comes highly recommended, although I don’t have any personal experience of him.

spacemonkey

Can’t do any harm to just pick up the DVD for starters (about £17?). I grabbed a copy a month or so ago and it’s pretty good. Some sections could do with more elaboration (and demonstration of right vs wrong) though. Does give you an idea of how to improve certain basics, especially stuff you wouldn’t think of.

As mentioned already, check out Jedi if you want to keep it local. Then again, if you want to head north and can justify the time/cost of the course coupled with several days across the 7 Stanes then why not go for it?

nmdbase
    Free Member

I have the DVD somewhere, it’s OK but not great. I have emailed them twice but they haven’t replied so they can go whistle 🙂 I might see the jedi man

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

The topic ‘Dirt School Trail High School Day-anyone done one?’ is closed to new replies.