Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Dirt Jumping on 160mm forks
  • Bushwacked
    Free Member

Random question. Been dirt jumping with my BFe and a pair of forks at 110mm for a while. Feels nice

I’ve got a pair of 36 Floats to put on which will be 160mm but can be lowered to 100mm internally. Before I go ahead with the faff of lowering them I was wondering if there is any point or will running them at 160mm for DJing damage them or will I find them a bit more wanderery?

I’m thiking I’ll be fine at 160mm

davidtaylforth
    Free Member

It’ll be shit

_tom_
    Free Member

I do it at 140mm and it feels ok.

jedi

i do it on bottlerocket and bmx

GW
    Free Member

I’m with David on this one. The smaller size BFe’s have pretty decent DJ geometry with a 100mm fork.

Bushwacked
    Free Member

I’m gonna try it and see. Think the forks will run fine. I can always reduce the travel later

davidtaylforth
    Free Member

I use my BFe with 100mm Pikes for all types of riding. I deal length I think, although I can wind them out to 140mm if I fancy braying it down some hills.

Bushwacked
    Free Member

I’ve got 100-130mm on my soul, but normally run them at 130. The BFe does feel nice at 100 so will be interesting to see how 160 feels

jedi

160 on a hard tail will feel super divy

Rickos
    Free Member

pump them up hard and you might be ok.

Bushwacked
    Free Member

Ooooo… Read that as “make them feel super divvy”

dlr

I normally run 110-140 Pikes on my BFe. I cant jump for jack but I happened to put some Devilles on it at the weekend as my full sussers in bits. It was ok on the DH runs but just felt too high at the front the rest of the time and trying some small tables it was nasty. Side issue I noticed after about 4 hours was that the trc adjuster and air valve cap didnt actually clear the downtube, glad I didnt crash, check your 36’s first before riding, maybe ok on larger frames, mines a 16

Bushwacked
    Free Member

Good point, will do

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

The topic ‘Dirt Jumping on 160mm forks’ is closed to new replies.