Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 20 total)
  • Dinosaur Jr
  • darrell
    Free Member

Just been listening to their latest album (Farm) and it's really quite wonderful.

B.A.Nana
    Free Member

Got an album or two from 1990ish, I didn't realise they were still going.

darrell
    Free Member

original threesome got back together a few years ago. Saw them at the Benicassim festival and they rocked. This new un is as good as anything they did in the 80's

metalheart
    Free Member

Best gig I ever been to was Dinosaur Jr at The Venue in Embra (back-in-the-day).

Lou was cool and kept bashing out the bassline to Gigantic and rapping about stuff.

J blew his 3rd amp is as many days during the soundcheck and the replacement only just arrived prior to them hitting the stage.

I think I drank half their rider too…

And they did a cover of barmy army & sweet child of mine.

Didn't cut my hair for about 8-9 months after that.

Ace.

aslongasithaswheels
    Free Member

what a great band, further proof to me that there are very few new bands that can give the old masters a run for their money

anagallis_arvensis

cool will have to have a listen, I saw them at Reading many many years ago.

soobalias
    Free Member

just clicked it through spotify.

sounds exactly like where you been, fookin great album

Pigface
    Free Member

Very very loud live 🙂

gravity-slave
    Free Member

Just a heads up in case you didn't know, some copies of the latest album have audio problems. Check http://www.dinosaurjr.com for details and free replacement.

My CD had the problem. Swapped. Not much difference really 😉 Still awesome.

I saw them on the Rollercoaster tour with the Mary Chain, Blur and My Bloody Valentine in about '92. That was LOUD!

Saw them again last Thursday at the Cambridge junction (drove down from Sheffield). My Mrs. loves them too and said 'How can 3 people make that much noise!'. J's incessant guitar tuning made me laugh. Tune, whack on effects, cue wall of noise! Could anyone tell?! Freak Scene was the best song of the set by a mile. Amazing.

They are playing Sheffield Leadmill on the 3rd September.

BluePalomino
    Free Member

thanks for the heads up. I saw them in 88(?) 87? at the astoria supporting sonic youth. i also bagged my 1st wife by playing her Bug at a party 🙄

metalheart
    Free Member

BluePalomino – Member
    thanks for the heads up. I saw them in 88(?) 87? at the astoria supporting sonic youth.

That would have been '88 as I was also there. Rapeman was support the other date. It was ace too…

gravity-slave
    Free Member

Coincidently, the Mrs. has just emailed to say she's got tickets for their Leadmill gig! J, Lou and Murph producing wall to wall noise again. Wicked.

Oddly, only about 15 people moshing at the Junction. Everyone else trying to take (crap) photos on iPhones and Blackberries. Not quite right, somehow!

Toombsy
    Free Member

Turnip Farm on the Start Choppin single is one of my favourites – from the 90's I think

radoggair
    Free Member

feel the pain was my classic DJR hit, good video as well

SidKillerest
    Free Member

Love 'em! Agree they are seriously loud live!!!
    Prefer older stuff – My fave is 'The Post (Live)' on the b-side of the 'Out There' single from years ago….
    Captures them at their best I reckon.

goon
    Free Member

This thread takes me back a few years! I never saw them, but 'Freak Scene' was on the warm up mix before EVERY gig I went to in those days. Still a favourite of mine. The cover of 'Just Like Heaven' is a thing to behold.

We saw Teenage Fanclub at one of the Manchester University venues and friend of a friend Kevin waited for total silence to shout 'You're just Dinosaur Jr. in kilts!' loud enough for everyone in the small venue to hear. Cue embaressing exchange between him and the band…

myfatherwasawolf
    Free Member

Oddly, only about 15 people moshing at the Junction. Everyone else trying to take (crap) photos on iPhones and Blackberries.

This is my pet hate. Then you find yourself watching it through somebody else's phone. Idiots!

Oh, and 'Start Choppin'' is where it's at. Love Dinosaur Jr.
    As an aside, as the right audience may be here, Mudhoney are on tour again, and playing in a social club in Leeds (Oct 10th)! I can hardly contain myself…

vdubber67
    Free Member

Bug…what a fookin CLASSIC album! 🙂

cb500
    Free Member

saw them last week at concorde in brighton. had a chat, as far as you can, with J before the gig ( girlfriend has stalked the band previously ) then got right to the front for a good deafening- they are amazing live!

boxelder

It is great isn't it. I was at Rollercoaster '92 (in Sheffield I presume?)
    Blur were first on. I love The Leadmill, but left Sheffield in '93 – Damn I'd love to go to that. I went to see them (minus Lou) by myself, in Leeds in '93 – only time I've been hoisted onto the stage crowd surfing – assumed I'd be kicked out the back door, but they gave me a drink and showed me back to the front. Happy days.
    Shucks, I've come over all misty eyed.

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 20 total)

The topic ‘Dinosaur Jr’ is closed to new replies.