Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Digital Camera Advice Needed
  • disben

STW camera users.

I am getting a new camera in the next couple of weeks and was aiming for the Olympus TG-810. I had a Olympus Tough 1030 SW – I still have it but it has now died. I used it mountaineering, skiing, diving, mountain biking, kayaking and surf kayaking and it always worked – also worked everywhere else like weddings etc and produced some great photos!

I am considering the new Olympus TG 810 – top of the range waterproof camera – great features.
    http://www.amazon.co.uk/Olympus-TG-810-Digital-Camera-Optical/dp/B004QGY2US

However is there anything else on the market that is similar (very few reviews of the 810 as it is so new) – I know Pentax & Panasonic make similarly designed cameras but wondering if anything else out there….?

I am looking for something that will be able to go everywhere I go, is waterproof, lightweight and robust! Also needs to have good features and preferably HD video.

Any suggestions…?

dobo
    Free Member

i have a sony dsc tx5, its very compact and lightweight so the GF likes it, waterproof/shockproof to a degree and takes decent pictures, nice touch screen, video and low light capability. looks like a normal camera but a bit tougher, i wouldnt put it in the really tough category if thats what your after but i’ve been swimming with it, no problems

not cheap either, but occasional see a good deal on them, think theres a new model out too with a better zoom but didnt seem as nice.

i almost forgot, its a got a really neat panorama mode that works well

disben

Sony looks interesting but as you say prob not as tough….

any other suggestions

molgrips
    Free Member

Check out this:

http://stores.ebay.com/olympusmarket

I got an Oly tough 6020 for 100 €. He has those and 8020s which are the same but slightly tougher. I’m really pleased with it, and that’s coming from a DSLR user.

DezB
    Free Member

Canon S95 is a great camera, and so small I take it (nearly) everywhere.

(sorry about US based link, got ‘net problems here today)

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The topic ‘Digital Camera Advice Needed’ is closed to new replies.