Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Digi Photo Frame
  • z1ppy

Worthwhile or pants?

Our (her) dog has just had to be put down @ the weekend, and it’s my partners birthday next week… she expressed an interest in the digi photo’s I have of him (posted a bunch of FB). As with most photo’s there just stored away on a computer and never really looked at.
    Hence my thought that a digi frame may be a nice present, as she got a framed picture of my late cat for me & it is a nice reminder (think the father-in-law has sorted out a print as his present).

Annoyingly I hadn’t realised till now that the ones with batteries don’t last very long (quoted 3hrs) and having a mains lead seems a bit naff. So worthwhile or not? (and lastly any recommendations?)

29erKeith
    Free Member

We like ours, get one with a timer or motion activated though so it’s off when you don’t want it to be on. power leads not a big problem for me socket is in just the right place

annebr
    Free Member

I like ours, it’s nice to see many different happy photos. We have a powered one so it has a lead but that’s not a problem on the shelf were we have it.

5thElefant
    Free Member

I have one in the office next to my monitor. Sockets obviously not an issue.

They’re nice in their own way. Not a substitute for a print and not something I’d want in any other room.

z1ppy

Cheers, I think I’m get one, it’ll probably live in her home-office, so wires won’t be that much of an issue (would be if it was on the fireplace).
    We do have lots of prints of the dog, but he was such a character, even several prints/pictures cannot capture him properly.

cr500dom
    Free Member

I brought one for GF a couple of years ago…… its never been switched on 🙄

jfletch
    Free Member

I’ll go with pants. We have one (wedding presents) and both sets of parents have one (gifts from us when we had no decent ideas). Never on. Gathering dust.

1 decent print out is infintely nicer.

z1ppy

As I say we have a number of prints but he was such an ‘expressive’ dog, they don’t even scratch the surface, a couple of hundred photo’s in the digi frame should work better.

Got a cheap and cheerful Sandstrom one* from PC World & an old SD card (wouldn’t recognise two USB sticks I tried 1st, hey ho), seems quite good for the money, we’ll see how much long term use it gets.
    Seems to have gone down well with the better half, which is the main point

* this was a one of a number of presents!

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘Digi Photo Frame’ is closed to new replies.