• This topic has 9 replies, 7 voices, and was last updated 14 years ago by fbk.
Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Different Freehub last night (ProII to Deore) – wow quiet!
  • foxyrider
    Free Member

I like my hope pro II but as I swapped my wheels on my HT last night with the misses wheels to save me changing from my temorary commuting slicks. WOW – its only a deore rear hub but still silky smooth (since 04') but it was nice doing some smooth but twisty singletrack and being silent while freewheeling I must admit. I shaln't be getting rid of my ProII but made a nice shange in the quiet local woods!

PeterPoddy
    Free Member

The noise was about 33.33% of the reason I got rid of my Pro 2 rear.
    I now have a new (old stock) Hope XC. Much nicer. And the bearings last longer (Another 33.33% of the reason….)

foxyrider
    Free Member

I think the difference is that it was flattish farrly non-technical riding and so you didn't have the usual trail clatter and so probably made more of an impact.

soobalias
    Free Member

i cant stand the noise on my proII, if i could afford a new wheel or hub and rebuild, for the yeti I would – as said above though the bike is not really built for 'quiet' terrain.

that said I will be fitting something stealth to the new hardtail

http://www.trueprecision.net/c_products_mountain.html

any other suggestions?

Hairychested
    Free Member

I stuffed mine with grease and it became quiet. RudeBoy's suggestion 😀

soobalias
    Free Member

i stuffed rudeboy with grease, as above, his suggestion.

didnt help, but i think he enjoyed it.

marsdenman
    Free Member

Heard loads of (what I guess) were pro2's clicking past at Lee Quarry on Sunday – I really could not live with that noise….

foxyrider
    Free Member

Yeh overpacked my hub with grease a while ago and was silent – hmm may do that again 😉

yoshimi

I like the fact that it gives walkers just enough time to jump out of my way before I ride over them

fbk
    Free Member

As Yoshimi said – it's a great early warning system for walkers. And yep, if it clicks too much, get some grease in there.. 🙂

edit – 'tiz very weird going back to silent running though 🙂

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘Different Freehub last night (ProII to Deore) – wow quiet!’ is closed to new replies.