Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 113 total)
  • Differences between the big supermarkets
  • DrRSwank
    Free Member

No – I'm not talking about the price of Jaffa cakes!

I've been shopping today. Normally I'm a Waitrose man, but I'm in Lincoln at the moment and they don't seem to have quality supermarkets up here.

I will also use Sainsburys and, at a push, Tesco. But today I couldn't find what I wanted and ended up in Asda at North Hykeham.

So, the point, people in Asda were SERIOUSLY ugly!!!!! Is my assumption correct that the better the supermarket, the better looking the customers? It is fair to say that Sainsburys has some visually offensive people, Tesco has a few more fat blotchy tracksuit wearing types. But Asda – they really do take the biscuit.

Most of their customers look liked they'd fallen into the gene pool when the life guard wasn't watching – the banjo player out of deliverance would have been pointing and laughing.

It was HORRIBLE.

Anyway. As I've never been in (and never intend doing so) to either Aldi or Lidl perhaps someone can comment on the ugliness of the people in there……

allthepies
    Free Member

Sainsburys exist to keep the rif-raf out of Waitrose. Regarding Chavda and Tesco, purrrrlease!

RustySpanner

You, yesterday.

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    Munqe-chick
    Free Member

Depends where you live, where I live is famous for being Tesco monopoly and is always on the news. Somethign like 7 Tesco, big one then each estate has a mini one. Then the nearest shop one way is an even bigger Tesco it's hideous but you get a bit stuck!!!

neilsonwheels
    Free Member

Netto, Lidle anyone.?

iDave
    Free Member

it's true, try a Morrisons sometime – shallow end of the gene pool

DrRSwank
    Free Member

Hyacinth would not have gone into Asda in North Hykeham. Seriously, any more drool coming out of peoples mouths and I'd have needed wellies!

It really wasn't nice!

And people looked like they'd slept in their filthy clothes! I got up, washed, put on clean jeans and a clean shirt and looked half respectable.

Most of these mongs looked like rejects from a zombie film.

On the plus side – Flash Spray with Bleach was only a pound a bottle (guess they don't sell much to the normal customers……..)

Woody
    Free Member

Lidl's great. I like nothing better than to ride my bike (smugly) in their gear knowing that it is just as good as the posers in the megabucks 'name' brands, all in the knowledge that it keeps young people in far off lands in gainful employment.

DrRSwank
    Free Member

Oooooh, Morrisons – they've got one of those here. I'll go try it tomorrow……..

DrRSwank
    Free Member

Woody – I'm not suggesting any of them are poor quality in terms of goods – just in terms of customers.

Are you ugly?

bassspine
    Free Member
    iDave
    Free Member

don't actually go into morrisions you fool. you will be visually scarred. just trust my judgement.

Stoner
    Free Member

the problem with morrisons is that whilst the bottom feeders dwell there, the shop actually sells some very good fresh fish and veg.

2unfit2ride
    Free Member

I use a mix, sainsbury for 'stuff', waitrose or marks for food, I'm sure any of the others are good for 'stuff', except tesco's because they rarely do deals & BOGOF's.

DrRSwank
    Free Member

basspine – that website is priceless.

Picture 5 is hideous!

Sainsburys is "ok" to be honest – although the one in Welwyn Garden City seems to be staffed entirely by gods special people…….

I found a FULL hyperdermic syringe in the chiller cabinet one day (full of what I do not know). I told the manager who proceeded to just pick it up and say "job done". It didn't seem to occur to him that it might have been in some diseased junkies veins!

I will shop in Tesco if they have televised offers on specific branded goods. But not otherwise…..

mtbmaff
    Free Member

Whilst I agree with you on the difference class wise of customers at Asda and Waitrose, you missed the main

point, the difference in cost of those Jaffa cakes, you could probably buy 2 boxes at Asda for 1 at Waitrose.

Edit:- sorry didnt read your post properly, yes customers and staff real oddballs at asda.

DrRSwank
    Free Member

No – you're missing the point, or is there even a point.

Is it better to pay £2 (for instance) for a box of Jaffa cakes from a shop with attractive people, or get two boxes for £2 in a shop full in badly dressed, in bred morons?

Personally – I'd worry the Jaffa cakes would taste of common people……

mtbmaff
    Free Member

My local stores are Somerfield and Asda,

your observations are correct, Asda odd, Somerfield staffed by students, Sainsburys seem to have more than

their fair share of MILFs working there, Aldi [ in Droitwich, have some very impressive girls there], Morrisons

the staff seem to be all like my mom! Tesco in Redditch not that exciting for such a large store.

Waitrose in Droitwich has quality staff and customers.

johnners
    Free Member

Is it better to pay £2 (for instance) for a box of Jaffa cakes from a shop with attractive people, or get two boxes for £2 in a shop full in badly dressed, in bred morons?

You clearly have more money than sense.*

*Still true even if you've very little money.

porterclough
    Free Member

Apparently the latest trend is that Lidl and Aldi are actually full of posh people buying the basics before popping over the road to Sainsburys or Waitrose for the more expensive bits and pieces.

iDave
    Free Member

the posh stuff at aldi is very good – their business model isn't to buy shit, it's to limit choice and lever their suppliers to supply huge volumes to stores across europe. eg, only one type of chorizo/apple pie/shiraz but a good one.

TheSouthernYeti
    Free Member

The Lidl near my old work had strategically placed bollards (yes they might have been intended to prevent ram-raiders but…) I lost count of the number of 'tards that would walk testiclay-first into them.

Clearly even Lidl know they need to prevent their customers breeding!

fubar
    Free Member

There are some ugly sounding 'personalities' on this thread.

TheSouthernYeti
    Free Member

Fubar – watch it or you'll get pelted with some of Waitrose's finest quail eggs!

joe1983
    Free Member

If you leave your snobbery at the door Aldi and Morrissons actually have some of the best quality food of all the supermarkets. Superior to Sainsburies, Tesco, and Asda for sure.

thomthumb
    Free Member

ram raid lidl!! 😯

TijuanaTaxi
    Free Member

My local supermarket is Waitrose (5 mins walk)its quite small and can be a bit lacking with product range, but my preferred choice for the friendly staff and more laid back atmosphere.

Always feel Tesco's are trying to con me and no doubt do even if I can't always spot it
    Two slices of ham please doesn't mean furtively slip three in thanks and why is anything on the deli always just(hugely)over and never under the amount you ask for
    Does ripen at home mean rock hard and inedible then goes rotten, never really spotted the ripe stage, must last for about ten minutes

Sainsbury's are not much better, finding the fire glow bulb above the Tomatoes put me right off, wondered why they looked so ripe

WTF
    Free Member

Morrisons in Easterhouse ,Glasgow search the "customers" on the way IN.
    Asda is a close second with the one a few miles away having a gangland execution in the carpark in broad daylight recentley.

eye heart Glasgow.

WTF
    Free Member

Oh and if you have a Lidl in your neighbourhood then you really do live in a sh**e area.

DrRSwank
    Free Member

Look. I wasn't suggesting the quality of produce was different (although it is – has anyone eaten Tesco value beans? It's like a tub of red water with one rock hard bean in it).

I was simply commenting on the ugliness of the customers. I am a statistician by training and there does seem to be a correlation between cheapness and ugliness.

But, to be fair, even I understand that ugly people need somewhere to shop……

RaveyDavey
    Free Member

DrRSwank – Member

No – I'm not talking about the price of Jaffa cakes!

I've been shopping today. Normally I'm a Waitrose man, but I'm in Lincoln at the moment and they don't seem to have quality supermarkets up here.

I might be missing the point here but all supermarkets are low quality! If you want quality food then visit proper shops and farmers markets. The shite in waitrose is no better than the shite in asda, lidl or anywhere else. If you think it is then you should visit your local industrial estate and see which supermarket lorries pick up from the same scummy food factory. Middle class dillusions of grandeur I think.

Flaperon

Can't stand Sainsbury's. Every store I visit seems to be a shining example in incompetence: from running out of milk at 2pm; to only having one checkout open at peak times; to organising the store in a way only Einstein could understand. And it's expensive. Two thumbs down from me.

Now ADSA, I like, and I don't even own a dodgy tracksuit.

TijuanaTaxi
    Free Member

The shite in waitrose is no better than the shite in asda, lidl or anywhere else

Sorry, but that isn't quite correct

For instance the Waitrose Free Range Scotch egg is entirely different to the ones bought in Tesco or Sainsburys and is a far superior culinary experience
    It has a nice peppery sausage meat coating with an egg displaying a fine porcelain white albumen with rich yellow yolk
    Unlike the usual tasteless light brown thing with a grey and pale yellow oval object inside

The quiche is similarly different in its taste and appearance, I can only suggest you try them for yourself and then draw your own conclusions

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

I'd normally use Waitrose, mainly over their commitment to quality sourcing and standard. That said, my nearest supermarket in that London's Famous London is a Sainsburys. And it's very good indeed. Friendly cheerful staff and a good all round range of stock.

Waitrose in Salisbury is the bestest, though! Apart from the numpties who don't know how that the petrol hose will reach around to the far side of their car and therefore clog up the road like muppets. Grrr.

RichPenny
    Free Member

All supermarkets are evil: FACT 😉

2unfit2ride
    Free Member

If all supermarkets are equal then I'm going to give up food for good, except for pizza, I love pizza, none of that ready made stuff mind 😉

Strangelove
    Free Member

Surely the ugliness of the customers is more to do with the location of the store than the price of the goods.

Kevevs
    Free Member

DrRSwank – good troll sir. You've held yer own trollage sound, and shown up a lot of these ****. good work.

unless you are serious 😯 😯

DrRSwank
    Free Member

Every good troll is part based on fact.

And, the customers in Asda North Hykeham are the ugliest supermarket mob in Lincoln. FACT!

backhander
    Free Member

I quite like waitrose but cannot stand the stuck up **** that shop in there (the howies brigade). My favorite is co-op. Small, strong ethical values and good quality food.

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 113 total)

The topic ‘Differences between the big supermarkets’ is closed to new replies.