• This topic has 0 replies, 1 voice, and was last updated 9 years ago by ton.
Viewing 27 posts - 1 through 27 (of 27 total)
  • Diet chef….anyone tried it?
  • ton

and if you have, what is it, does it work?

bikebouy
    Free Member

No, sorry but thats just lazy thinking.

carbonfiend
    Free Member

Wife has done it as she was carrying timber. like all diet stuff it works if you stick to it always, she did & lost weight then stopped doing it we went on holiday – you can guess the rest 🙂

muppetWrangler
    Free Member

Wife has done it as she was carrying timber.

Right there is a phrase that should never leave the house.

tomhoward

Housemate started it in November last year. You pick a months worth of food (ready meals) then eat that. And only that (save adding tiny portions of rice/pasta etc) for the month. Given the size of the portions I reckon there’s enough for a solid weeks worth of food for an averagely active person, they really are tiny. Seems that it’s not food that is good for you, just next to nothing of it to eat. We still have most of the food in the house. It’s all still in date nearly a year on. He hasn’t any will power whatsoever.

From what I’ve read on here ton, you’d be better off sticking to decent food, and keeping as active as you can.

Esme
    Free Member

Soulmate Food is a similar idea (I think) used by some of the elite cyclists (and managers/coaches). But that’s partly because they don’t have time to shop and cook. I’m sure you’ll do better with fresh food and MyFitnessPal. Much cheaper too.

DezB
    Free Member

Ooh, a fad diet by mail order. That’ll work.

ton

just like to add…..it is not for me, I do not need it no more.
    my diet guru’s (solo/idave) sorted me.

gobuchul
    Free Member

Looks like a right rip off to me.

Cheap ready meals with small portions sold at a relatively high price.

If you don’t want to get ripped off, there was a bloke on here who used to give away a free diet sheet which a lot of people had a lot of success with.

He would then offer personal tailored diet plans for a fee……..

weeksy

Disagree.

Short term losses can work perfectly well. I went from over 20st down to 16st in not a ridiculously long timescale. I didn’t put it all back on, although at times it has gone up and down a bit. Recently using the 5-2 I’ve dropped 10-12lb again to get back into the 14’s.

It’s a question IMO of monitoring and putting on a limit before action needs to be taken, I can’t stick 100% long term to a lifestyle change.. but I can keep on top of it short term to drop should I put any on (like a recent holiday)

weeksy

Disagree.

Short term losses can work perfectly well. I went from over 20st down to 16st in not a ridiculously long timescale. I didn’t put it all back on, although at times it has gone up and down a bit. Recently using the 5-2 I’ve dropped 10-12lb again to get back into the 14’s.

It’s a question IMO of monitoring and putting on a limit before action needs to be taken, I can’t stick 100% long term to a lifestyle change.. but I can keep on top of it short term to drop should I put any on (like a recent holiday)

zilog6128

and if you have, what is it, does it work?

Happy to hear you’re back on form Ton and can resume some quality trolling 😀

ton

not at all.
    a mate I played rugby with broke his thigh. he put 4 stone on whilst immobile and wants a fast fix to shift it.

zilog6128

In that case you know as well as I that a very calorie-restrictive diet of shite-quality ready meals is not going to be a good idea! Why not just tell him there’s no such thing as a fast fix and get him to do what you (and I) did?

ton

he asked me how I lost my weight, I told him, he said he wanted a quick fix to get motivated. I saw the add for diet chef, and thought I would ask the font of all knowledge.

carbonfiend
    Free Member

It’s not a crash diet by a long way – it’s calorie restrictive. The wife had to stick with it for about 3 months before she got the results she was after, as well as combining it with exercise. As mentioned it’s aimed at those who are limited for time etc. she can work 12+ hour days high pressure senior management as well as family/kids. It’s similar to other diets in that once the weight is lost if that lifestyle isn’t then adhered to & maintained the weight comes back.

@muppetWrangler
    luckily she doesn’t read mountain bike related forums 🙂

MrWoppit
    Free Member

So my weight was 12 stone and my doctor had already told me that my ideal weight is 10 stone so I started the “5:2” diet and lost a stone in four weeks.

This IS coupled with commuting 200 miles a week on a bike, so if you just do a regular-type amount of exercise, it’ll probabaly take longer but it definitely works.

I’ve just arrived at 10 stone 12 pounds.

Only problem at the moment is, my work clothes fitted my previous size so now I’m starting to look like Benjamin Button.

sandwicheater

Not come across the 5:2 diet. Quick read and I reckon I could get on board with that. Have a couple of stone I reckon I could drop.

Solo
    Free Member

If you don’t want to get ripped off, there was a bloke on here who used to give away a free diet sheet which a lot of people had a lot of success with.
    He would then offer personal tailored diet plans for a fee……..

Interesting comment from someone who’s only been here since March, this year…. Been here before, have you?….

I went from over 20st down to 16st in not a ridiculously long timescale. I didn’t put it all back on, although at times it has gone up and down a bit. Recently using the 5-2 I’ve dropped 10-12lb again to get back into the 14’s
    I’ve chosen this comment to assist with making my point, I’m not singling anyone out, specifically.
    So, to continue. With respect, it’s not really about weight displayed on the scales, or body fat, to a limited extent.

Health authorities target excess waist measurements and body fat percentages, because these are the correlating markers found in meta analysis, looking for links between physical attributes and specific causes of disease and death. For example, to date, a link has been found between CVD and a person’s obesity, so the conclusion and subsequent advice is, don’t be fat.
    However, this is far from accurate, hence the rise of the term “Skinny fat” used to describe people who may not exhibit a large waistline or excessive levels of body fat. But who can still fall victim to “diseases of the west”.
    In my opinion, time is better spent trying to understand how one can assist their body to obtain an improved level of homeostasis, through what they eat and how often they take exercise.
    Do this and your body will settle on being leaner and lighter, by itself.

It’s not a crash diet by a long way – it’s calorie restrictive
    A technique which has been clinically proven to fail. Please don’t shoot the messenger.
    🙂

Solo
    Free Member

ton – Member
    he asked me how I lost my weight, I told him, he said he wanted a quick fix to get motivated. I saw the add for diet chef, and thought I would ask the font of all knowledge.

Ton.
    Your mate could have done much worse than to ask you for advice. But don’t let his impatience compromise your advise. You’re a stellar example of how to really sort it. Stick to what you Know.
    😉

gonefishin
    Free Member

It’s not a crash diet by a long way – it’s calorie restrictive
    A technique which has been clinically proven to fail. Please don’t shoot the messenger.

Any diet, no matter what it is, will fail when you stop doing it and revert to old eating habits. I’m doing fairly well on my change of diet having dropped 19kg of weight, my waist has gone from 104 cm to 83 cm, my chest and hips have dropped from about 104 to 93 cm each and my skin fold measurements have all dropped too although I don’t have those numbers to hand. All this following a diet plan that is, shock horror, calorie restricted. Whether or not this is maintained in the long run will (this has all been done over the last nine months) will depend on me, and my ability to stick with the plan, or more realistically the maintenance plan that will be developed.

MrWoppit
    Free Member

Any diet, no matter what it is, will fail when you stop doing it and revert to old eating habits.

So – don’t revert to old eating habits. The 5:2 diet allows you to eat normally for 5 days out of seven and restrictively for the other two.

Pretty simples.

Solo
    Free Member

Any diet, no matter what it is, will fail when you stop doing it and revert to old eating habits.
    Doesn’t that depend on your goal? Improving your diet so as not to revert to old eating habits, can only be, successful.

Whether or not this is maintained in the long run will (this has all been done over the last nine months) will depend on me, and my ability to stick with the plan, or more realistically the maintenance plan that will be developed.
    So you’re expecting your calorie restriction diet to fail eventually, after which you will switch to plan ‘B’, “the mainenance plan”.
    Ok, whatever makes you happy.
    🙂

gonefishin
    Free Member

Improving your diet so as not to revert to old eating habits, can only be, successful

That’s just circular reasoning.

So you’re expecting your calorie restriction diet to fail eventually

Err no and I don’t really understand quite how you could read that into what I wrote. I expect that there will come a point where my weight loss will stop either because I have reached the target that I have set myself or when the weight loss stops. If it is the former then I’d expect my food intake to increase a bit to maintain the weight and if it is the latter then the ongoing maintenance will be what it is now.

Either way long term sucess or failure is in my hands.

ourmaninthenorth

Not come across the 5:2 diet. Quick read and I reckon I could get on board with that. Have a couple of stone I reckon I could drop.

Just re-started this after a false start last year.

I’m exercise restricted these days (boring health stuff, not for here) and have had to counter nearly 40 years of bad habits (eating junk and doing piles of exercise). Weight has accrued and, because I can’t revert to my old ways of dealing with it (even more exercise), I’m trying to be imaginative about how I induce weight loss.

I didn’t stick to 5:2 last time because of other reasons. But, having just turned 38, I figured I’d give myself until I’m 40 to attain to lose the 3 stone I’ve put on. Early days, so it’s yet to normalise, but it doesn’t feel too bad.

emsz
    Free Member

A diet thread!! haven’t had one of those for a bit

Kuco

Just looked at that Soul mate food website. It probably works it probably taste good but **** me the prices 😯 You know where you are going to rapidly loose pounds first.

Viewing 27 posts - 1 through 27 (of 27 total)

The topic ‘Diet chef….anyone tried it?’ is closed to new replies.