Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Did my first off-road duathlon today….
  • heihei

….and boy did it hurt! I did the Human Race Wildman around Hankley Common in Surrey….10km run / 18km bike / 5km run. Believe it or not, the worst bit was the first lap on the bike, as I suffered real problems with cramp – something that hardly ever happens when just riding.

The course was brutal, with heavy sand, water crossings and lots of short steep climbs and descents. Was pleased to break 3hrs and came halfway thru the field. Given I’ve never run more than 8km off road before, and haven’t done any competitive mountain biking for 10 years or so, was chuffed just to finish.

Still pondering if I’ll do another one!

Surf-Mat
    Free Member

Nice one – would have done that too if it was nearer. I bet you will do another!

tazzymtb

duathalons are great, especially if the mtb course is technical as a lot of “multisport” boys are fit but rubbish on anythin vaguely tech. I always made loads of places up on the ride section

AntLockyer
    Free Member

I was reading ‘Feet in the clouds’ in the bath a while ago and thought I’d like to see if an off road Dualthlon existed. Might have to have a go at some point.

allthepies
    Free Member

I was there watching and rode the course, sand city!

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The topic ‘Did my first off-road duathlon today….’ is closed to new replies.