Viewing 26 posts - 1 through 26 (of 26 total)
  • Did I let my bike go too cheaply?
  • Legoman
    Free Member

OK, I know this is basically just another ‘what’s my bike worth’, but humour me…..

I recently sold a bike and it’s instantly appeared on ebay at a higher price.
    Don’t get me wrong – I’m not complaining, it’s his bike to do whatever he wants with. I was happy with the deal and I’m not trying to scupper the guys chance of selling it (hence no link to the ebay item).

However, I’m just wondering if I undersold it.

It was a nice Anthem, full XT, fox both ends, 2010 model, 26er obviously. Lovely looking bike and good nick, but no recent service of either shock/fork or frame bearings.

So whaddaya reckon it was roughly worth?

griffiths1000
    Free Member

Any advance on £625 🙄

jimw
    Free Member

Without being to obvious, it is worth what someone is willing to pay. The fact that it is on ebay at a higher buy it now price does not mean that it will sell for that. If you were happy with the price, I’d not worry too much.
    To answer the question you posed, most seem to be going for the £550-650 mark at the moment as far as I can see.

griffiths1000
    Free Member

Would that be the one that is 800 + 40 post on ebay? 😯

TurnerGuy
    Free Member

When I saw the title I was expecting this to be a renton thread.

kudos100
    Free Member

£650

wiggles
    Free Member

Why does it matter?
    why were you searching for the exact same bike as the one you sold on ebay?

Sounds like you are just wasting time

kneebiscuit
    Free Member

This kind of thing frustrates me and I know it shouldn’t. There are some people blatantly milking the classifieds whilst making no contribution to the forum “community”. Probably sound like a right mardy git, but it doesn’t fit in with the spirit of what this forum is about IMHO.

wwaswas

That sort of activity counts as trading in my book and if reported the individual should be banned according to the forum rules.

Drac

That sort of activity counts as trading in my book and if reported the individual should be banned according to the forum rules.

If it’s reported and they’re doing in on there they are.

wwaswas

Cool 🙂

Legoman
    Free Member

If it’s reported and they’re doing in on there they are.

Woa there… it didn’t sell through the classifieds on here & as I said, I don’t have any issue with the situation, other than potentially being a bit annoyed at myself if I sold it too cheaply.

wiggles – Member
    Why does it matter?
    why were you searching for the exact same bike as the one you sold on ebay?

Sounds like you are just wasting time

I wasn’t searching for the same bike, I’ve got a generic ebay bike search sorted by location, so it popped up as local to me.
    And you’re right, it doesn’t matter, I’m just curious… every day’s a school day

Legoman
    Free Member

griffiths1000 – Member
    Would that be the one that is 800 + 40 post on ebay?

Good work agent griffiths……..

wwaswas

I was replying to ashy’s post as much as the OP’s.

rickon
    Free Member

Could be hes changed his mind and trying to recoup the total cost. With Pp and ebay fees thats a takehome of £700.

griffiths1000
    Free Member

Good work agent griffiths……..

It was the same worn paint on the white V12’s that gave it away 😉

ken_shields
    Free Member

Sorry I’ll call off the pitchforks

thomthumb
    Free Member

Sometimes it’s better to sell quick & cheap than hold out for top dollar.

nuke

Guess you sold for around £650 and, even if he sells for around £800, which I doubt he’ll get, they’ll not be much in it after fees…personally I can’t see that the profit margin would be worth the risk so maybe he did just change is mind 😕

granny_ring

When selling on here get the buyer to also reply on your thread not just email direct.

Northwind

Were you happy with your price at the time? If so, fahgeddabadit. No guarantee you’d have got more, even if the other person sells for more. Prices can go up as well as down

ken_shields
    Free Member

According to STW the price of your 26″ wheeled bike can plummet as well as go down

If you were happy with what you got let it go. You can ask what you like on Ebay…..doesn’t mean you’ll get it

Bustaspoke
    Free Member

He’s optimistic trying to get £800 for it.Maybe a lower spec but I recently bought a new Anthem for less than a grand;
    http://www.paulscycles.co.uk/m1b0s1p4945/GIANT-ANTHEM-X-2-2013

Legoman
    Free Member

It basically depreciated about £220 in the 2.5 years I owned it. I upgraded a couple of bits too but overall, given the number of hours I rode it and how much fun I had in the process, I’m pretty happy with the maths.

For the record, I had it listed on ebay and got offers between £400 and £500, which after fees would have netted much less than I got, so as said above, ebay asking price does not equal ebay selling price.

DaveyBoyWonder
    Free Member

Is it too late to be caring? If you got a price you were happy with, everythings cool. Isn’t it?

Viewing 26 posts - 1 through 26 (of 26 total)

The topic ‘Did I let my bike go too cheaply?’ is closed to new replies.