Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Disaster with a capital D
  • Sillyoldhector
    Free Member

Im here in Nepal, just having completed Yak Attack and was just about to set out again in an attempt to do the circuit in 3 days when I noticed my rear stay on my Scott Scale is cracked about 1/2 way down. I took a couple of tumbles when descending from the Thorong La pass and can only assume it happened then, just thankful it didnt fail catastrophically.

Trying to get a interim frane organised so that I can carry on(which aint easy in Nepal) but does anyone know if you can get carbon fibre frames repaired in the UK?

The-Beard

Not sure if you can repair it, don’t know much about plastic bikes but have to say – very jealous of where you are and what you’ve been doing!

druidh
    Free Member

How about Disaster with two “S”s?

cynic-al
    Free Member

LOL at druidh.

It has been said on a recent thread on carbon stuff breaking (bars in the title?) that repairs are possible, why not search for it.

Joxster
    Free Member

There is a place over near Norwich, HQ Fibre products. They’ve repaired a set of my tri spokes in the past.

(01603) 713972

Sillyoldhector
    Free Member

Well spotted Druidh, its been a long day, 10 hours in a jeep in 35 degree heat.

ciron
    Free Member

Repairs are possible, depending on the extent of the damage. There’s often adverts in the back of roadie mags.

coffeeking
    Free Member

I’d be a tad concerned unles the stay was wrapped propery, rather than just bonded back together. I dont see any other method TBH.

cynic-al
    Free Member

(Seat) stays are not under a great deal of stress though

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘Disaster with a capital D’ is closed to new replies.