Viewing 26 posts - 1 through 26 (of 26 total)
  • Dialled Bikes Love/Hate
  • ronjeremy
    Free Member

Anyone got one anyone used one? Am looking at getting one, what are they like as a geared hardtail and what are they like as a SS, oh and has anyone ran one as a rigid? Just really after feedback thoughts and comments really, cheers all and enjoy your Sunday

piedidiformaggio
    Free Member

I've got one, running SS rigid. Have absoluetly no complaints about it at all. Feels tight, but not too harsh and seems to cope with everything I've thrown at it

MrSmith
    Free Member

the new ones look like this

ronjeremy
    Free Member

Cheesyfeet i do like the look of that bike, where is the mech hanger on the images of the new ones?

grievoustim
    Free Member

the new ones are SS only I think – so no mech hanger

I keep meaning to cut mine off.

I have been runnning ridgids on mine – but I am going to try some rebas this winter for a change

allyharp

Doesn't no mech hanger now contradict the name of love/hate singlespeed?

MTB-Idle
    Free Member

don't think so, the point is you either love singlespeeding or you hate it. I don't see a mech hanger making a difference.

Karl33to
    Free Member

absolutely loved my old l/h but didn't get on with the ebb so replaced it with an inbred, which is almost as nice to ride, but not as nice to look at

bikemonkey
    Free Member

There are so many good geared frames out there, why bother making a half-arsed one?

Shackleton

I've got one and it's great as a singlespeed, EBB is excellent. Works well as a 1×9 but must confess to only having used it as such a couple of times. I think either go the whole hog with gears or just use 1! I run it with rigid carbon forks, DT 4.2d/HopeXC with light tyres and it feels so fast, light and flickable. I think it is also much more attractive than other singlespeed frames out there (on-one, cotic, etc) and the olive green is ace.

Incidentally it is for sale following the purchase of a Singular Swift and finally admitting after 2.5 years that the 17.5" L/H is a bit small for me (I'm a long legged 6ft).

Medium/17.5", Olive green, VGC. Mail me if interested 😀 Based in Newcastle area.

The new current (Mk2) versions don't have the mech hanger. Hardly anybody used them on the previous version and loads of people cut them off, so I thought I'd save em the trouble.

ronjeremy
    Free Member

cheers for clearing that up MIke, you dont have any of the Mk1 versions in orange knocking about do you?

Trustyrusty
    Free Member

Err, I've got one. It's currently sitting in my garage, un-used about 9 miles from your front door. do you want it?

ronjeremy
    Free Member

Ant,for real why have you not mentioned this before!!!!

(probably as i've only been looking for one since today, as the full bounce Marin might be leaving my shed)

Oh and a quick edit Abbi says she isn't suprised that you have one in your shed/garage!

Sorry Ron, the Mk1s are all long gone. I wasn't even gonna do another batch, but quite a few people ask about them so I thought I'd give the Love/Hate one more dance.

ronjeremy
    Free Member

All sorted, thanks TrustyRusty!

Trustyrusty
    Free Member

Had mine since SSUK06 and it's a cracking bike, but after I built my Karate Monkey I nicked half the bits from it and I've been waiting to put it together again…

It looks like I might get something long travel and Giantish so It's yours if you want it, I'd rather see it used and loved

ronjeremy
    Free Member

cheers mate, pop on over in the week (i'm free apart from Pilates on Wednesday) and there may well be some food and beer as well

scratch
    Free Member

Noooooo! I'm looking for a good steel frame I can run SS then convert to gears in a few years when I'm bored of twiddling around.

Looked on the DB site the other day to see it'd been removed so gave up hope, show me where and I'll weld me own hanger on!

Trustyrusty
    Free Member

Scratch, not seen the Voodoo Wanga then…. 😀 A mate of mine has one and likes it a lot.

Or even a S/H Unit with Explosif dropouts or Explosif?

Scratch, the new site should be live very soon. I know I've been saying that since Q2 this year, but it's not far away now.

People who want to run gears on the Love/Hate can still go down the Alfine/Rohloff route.

scratch
    Free Member

Alfine / Wanga's both good options I'd not considered

mangoridebike

Scratch

If you can get hold of a Hone rear hub and mech then that would work, as the Hone rear mech hangs off the axle, not from a mech hanger.

KINGTUT
    Free Member

Lovely looking frames, the EBB works really well but it was just too harsh a ride for me and ended up selling it.

Good point Mango, I'd forgotten about the Hone and Saint axle mounted mechs.

Head for the Hills also do a clamp on front mech cable stop if people wanna run a front mech.

ronjeremy
    Free Member

Big thanks to the one and only Trustyrusty, my new(old) love/hate 1×9 is now up and running will give it a proper run in at the weekend… oh happy days,

cheers again mate

(photos to follow later)

Viewing 26 posts - 1 through 26 (of 26 total)

The topic ‘Dialled Bikes Love/Hate’ is closed to new replies.