Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Dialled Bikes, are they out the game?
  • YoKaiser
    Free Member

What’s happened to them? Always seemed a forum favourite but a look around their site shows still the 26″ bikes and the 29er coming soon! Never mind 650b and plus, kinda shows how quick things have developed. A search shows an old STW thread from 4 years ago asking the same thing. Funnily enough I bought the frame offered up at the end of the thread.

scotroutes

I’d be interested to know what happened to the two Ti Alpine prototypes.

grahamt1980

I seem to remember a thread on here where Mike came on and said he was concentrating on the bmx and 4x stuff for a while. Linked to the uncertainty around wheel sizes and standards too.
    I hope i remembered that right.
    His username on here is mike@dialledbikes

qwerty
    Free Member

Reading between the lines I think he’s taking a step back whilst the mtb industry reinvents itself, and is focusing on his 20″ roots. Be keen to see if he re-emerges on the mtb scene as his frames are cool.

ajantom

To be fair, the Alpine is/was a pretty far sighted design anyway. My Mk2 can take 650b wheels with decent sized tyres (2.4 easily). I’ve had it set up like this for a while, and rides great.

bongohoohaa
    Free Member

Does seem odd that you wouldn’t take 5 mins just to pop a statement on your website.

Something along the lines of “wheelsizes are getting stupid, gone for lunch*.

PaulGillespie
    Free Member

I spotted one of the ti ones in a lift queue in Morzine a couple of years back

Wally

“relocation to USA” comes up on eBay search.

Junkyard
    Free Member

I love my love/hate

Nice bikes but dont blame him for flouncing over MTB “standards”

MrSmith
    Free Member

Mike is very into his yoga, the kind done in a very hot room. When I spoke to him last he was thinking of relocating to the desert to help re-align his chakra’s in a more benevolent climate.
    There was talk of a new MTB model called the Ummmmmmmm but it’s very much at the contemplation stage at the mo.

Scamper
    Free Member

When I was looking for an alpine a few months ago they were def still selling them – the website was odd, searches throwing up out of date pages, before I found the current sales page

soobalias
    Free Member

such good bikes, you never need another.
    i only moved on my mk2 alpine as i wanted a PA, match my PA, and the 853 PAC came up.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

The topic ‘Dialled Bikes, are they out the game?’ is closed to new replies.