Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Dialled Bikes Alpine finished at last – Piccie
  • Vortexracing

Just fitted the brakes,

just need to try it out now.

Might try it on the ‘ice cream run’ at Rivvy this afternoon

Kieron
    Free Member

Nice, just in the process of building mine up too 😀

rOcKeTdOg

nice, one of the best i’ve seen so far, dunno why, just looks ‘right’ and well balanced

Vortexracing

Just had a ride round the block and I must say it’s bloody slack!!!!

Not sure if it’s going to be great at tight twisty singletrack, but i bet it is when it gets fast and steep. Well that’s what i’m hoping for anyway

pedalhead
    Free Member

Was just thinking how super slack that looks. What’s the a/c on those forks?

Vortexracing

They are set at about 150mm so should be 545mm I think. At 170mm the head angle is 64.5 deg!!!

I think the fact that it is a small/short frame affects the ‘look’ of the thing

ash

They are set at about 150mm so should be 545mm I think. At 170mm the head angle is 64.5 deg!!

you sure about that? I thought it was 67 degrees with 160-ish mm fork…

Not sure if it’s going to be great at tight twisty singletrack

reduce the front travel and the Alpine is great on the flat

Swayndo
    Free Member

… or run the fork with a bit more sag. Mine’s not bad at all at woodsy ST, but it’s better at all the way up and all the way down. Contrary to what some say I think it’s a great climbing bike.

Jamie
    Free Member

#
    Swayndo – Member

… or run the fork with a bit more sag. Mine’s not bad at all at woodsy ST, but it’s better at all the way up and all the way down. Contrary to what some say I think it’s a great climbing bike.
    Posted 49 minutes ago # Report-Post

Seconded. Just sit back and spin up the back wheel.

Vortexracing

Intend to run it at about 150mm most of the time, but need to ride it a few times to get it sorted.

Certainly needs a longer stem being a 15″/21″TT. It’s got a 50mm on at the moment which makes it feel VERY short even for a short arse like me.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘Dialled Bikes Alpine finished at last – Piccie’ is closed to new replies.