Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Dialled Alpine/Evil Soverign – suitable for a lanky git?
  • Euro
    Free Member

Looking at both these frames, but at 6’5″ (35″ inside leg) i’m not sure if they would fit me. No one local stocks these, so a test ride is out. Anyone of a similar height have or had one? Are there any similar style of frame that would suit?

Cheers

Ash at trailAddiction has very long legs and he got on OK with the 17″ Alpine (current version is now 18″). I’m not sure his legs are as long as yours though.

Fortunateson09
    Free Member

I think there’s such a thing as an XL sized Sovereign these days. My Sov is from when they used to just to ‘regular’ and ‘long’ – it’s a long one, perfect for me at 5’11”.
    I don’t know how the new ones size up, but I do know bigger ones look absolute gash.
    Best hardtail ever ever ever though…

Gotama
    Free Member

I’m just over 6ft 3 and i found the 18″ Dialled Alpine fine fit wise.

kudos100
    Free Member

I have an 18″ alpine frame for sale if you are interested 🙂 I am 6’3 with long arms and legs (35 inside leg, 6’8 wingspan) and it fits me fine.

Send me an email if you want any more info.

davidtaylforth
    Free Member

i have 35inch inside leg and used to ride a 17/22 Alpine. It was a bit short but I could just get the saddle high enough for xc. This was using flats though, if you use SPD’s then you need the saddle a bit higher, I can just get the seatpost high enough on my 19inch Cotic when using SPDs (you need a good 15mm below the TT weld)

Euro
    Free Member

Cheers lads.

Email sent Kudos.

CRC have XL Sovs going. Just need to see how the cough, cough staff discount works out.

if your use SPD’s

Wash you mouth out boy! 😀

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘Dialled Alpine/Evil Soverign – suitable for a lanky git?’ is closed to new replies.