Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)
  • Dialled Alpine what fork?
  • richc
    Free Member

The fork on my Alpine is pretty knackered so I am thinking of replacing it as its had a good run.

So looking around, and I am not sure to go for a Revelation U-turn, Lyrik (U-turn or solo air) or a Fox 36 RC2.

So anyone used any of these forks on an Alpine? or at all really and can comment on which one they chose any why

davidtaylforth
    Free Member

I used a marzocchi 66 with 150mm of travel on mine in the Alps.

Over here I used a marzocchi Z1 with 130mm of travel.

I'd say 130mm is about right unless your only riding long, rough downhills.

Therefore I'd go for some rockshox pikes cos there cheapish?

giantjason
    Free Member

i just have a 140mm fork on my alpine and think it rides pretty good. for 99% of my riding it is fine except when i go for a weeks holidays to Europe where a 160mm fork would be nice but not essential

Vortexracing

got a 66sl on mine

set at 140mm for most stuff but is great at 170mm on steep long DH's

alpin
    Free Member

i've a Lyrik (2-step) on mine. fork drops down to 115mm and is nice and stiff for climbing. run it fairly hard but sits at 140-ish w/sag when over the bars.

v. happy.

souldrummer
    Free Member

I use a Z1 FR with 150mmm of travel. Thankfully they have ETA which makes climbing acceptable. I would like to get something with shorter travel for the UK but just can't afford it at the moment. Nevertheless, with the Z1s it can deal with most things that I want to ride but it is a bit too long in the wheelbase for very tight singletrack.

Northwind

New Revelation Team 150mm Maxle, I reckon. Not as strong as a 36 or Lyrik obviously but still strong, and you get the Blackbox damping to boot, and only about 3/4 the weight (if you care about that). Very much loving mine. Depends on the intended usage obviously, if it's going to spend its entire life on DH trails or similiar I'd want something tougher probably.

doof_doof
    Free Member

Float 36 RC2 on mine.

ackie
    Free Member

2006 Marzocchi All Mountain SL.
    Light and very plush.

Bagstard
    Free Member

Lyrik u-turn coil on mine, very pleased with the combo and I know I would miss the lack of adjustability without it. It is so much easier on climbs at 115mm, general messing at 130mm, then wind them out for long descents.
    Loads of tuning adjustments too.

slowrider
    Free Member

+1 for coil lyrik, you can pick up 09 ones at very good prices if you look around too. try freeborn for a start.

richc
    Free Member

Hmmm, might have a look at a lyrik then. I had Pikes which were good, but fancy a change. I am pretty heavy and rough on kit, so I want something tough.

accu
    Free Member

have one of the first lyriks coil on my susser….after 3 years of abuse still works perfect..
    its like a pike on steroids…

richc
    Free Member

Sounds ideal then. I was wondering about a 36 Van or Float, but the stanchion issues with Fox put me off.

Anyone used a Lyrik Coil and Float RC2 and can compare the two?

Bagstard
    Free Member

Nope, but used a talas r before the lyrik and no contest. 07 mind.

richc
    Free Member

Hmmm, I will keep digging, but the Lyrik looks to be a safe bet.

Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)

The topic ‘Dialled Alpine what fork?’ is closed to new replies.