• This topic has 85 replies, 45 voices, and was last updated 11 years ago by timc.
Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 86 total)
  • Di Matteo Sacked
  • MS
    Free Member

Wow! Didn’t see that happenign quite so early.

Their must be someone else in the frame surely…

mikewsmith
    Free Member

Bernitez was rumoured over night

Tom83

Crazy, 4 points behind in 3rd isn’t an unassailable feat. I blame Torres.

binners

His days were always numbered. The fans wanted him. Abramovic never did. And its his toy.

I hope its Rafa. He’s always fun for Fergie to wind up, and is good at delivering mid-table finishes! Or…..

JOHN TERRY FOR MANAGER!!!!! 😆

charliedontsurf

Who the **** is di matteo?
    Who does he race for?
    I bet it’s bloody kickball or something.

tonyg2003

It was always on the cards since he wasn’t Abromovich’s favourite but almost a players appointment (Terry, Drog’s mate). Kinda shocking having only won the champions league this year, which in many other clubs would keep you in a job for years.

Garry_Lager

Their must be someone else in the frame surely…

I think I see him lumbering into view.
    Press will be wetting themselves at the return of Rafa.

IHN

It makes me laugh. Abramovich is desparate for success, but you don’t get that without some stability – they’ve had eight managers in eight years.

It’s no coincidence that the most successful manager in the league is the longest serving, and vice-versa.

It’s like when they sacked Vialli for only winning the UEFA (and FA?) cup.

PiknMix
    Free Member

What’s Harry doing these days?

IHN

Press will be wetting themselves at the return of Rafa.

Whereas the opposition fans will be pi$$ing themselves 🙂

weeksy

Benitez will NOT take the Chelsea job.

wrecker
    Free Member

they’ve had eight managers in eight years.

Why would anyone take the job?
    “thanks Mr Abramovic but you can shove the offer up your arse”

rudebwoy
    Free Member

Kinda shocking having only won the champions league this year, which in many other clubs would keep you in a job for years.

indeed, it did for Benitez– maybe RA thought the same 😉

weeksy

**** right they would…. I bet di Matteo has come out with £5m in his pocket at the very least.

Tom83

Why would anyone take the job?
    “thanks Mr Abramovic but you can shove the offer up your arse”

For the severance package! 🙂

Garry_Lager

Whereas the opposition fans will be pi$$ing themselves

Dunno, Rafa is a complex case. If you look past the clown kecks he’s a man who won the champions league with Djimi Traore starting at left back. Not too many managers with that on their cv.

neninja
    Free Member

Apparently Avram Grant has been linked with the job ……….. again 😯

I suspect Pep Guardiola will be offered £££££ and will suddenly decide he no longer needs a break from managing.

geetee1972
    Free Member

Di who?

ti_pin_man
    Free Member

they’d take the job because any of them getting sacked still gets a handsome leaving handshake.

rudebwoy
    Free Member

Dunno, Rafa is a complex case. If you look past the clown kecks he’s a man who won the champions league with Djimi Traore starting at left back. Not too many managers with that on their cv.

that was Houliers team, just like De Matteo has done !

jambalaya
    Free Member

Top suggestion @binners – how about our ‘arry ?

Long may the lack of stability reign at Chelsea. You would have thought that sooner or later Amromovich would realise that he knows nothing about football and stop interfering in transfers and leave a manager to get on with the job. The club has a very unsavoury element at its heart and no soul, it’s a band of mercenaries

geoffj

I suspect Pep Guardiola will be offered £££££ and will suddenly decide he no longer needs a break from managing.

Maybe, but I thought the rest of his entourage were clearing the way for his coronation at citeh

coogan
    Free Member

Chelsea. What a complete and utter joke of a football club.

If Pep goes there, he’s off his head.

rudebwoy
    Free Member

Yep, it will be a stop gap guy, thats all they ever have at chelski, its the way of the oilygarch !

IHN

Pep’s emergence from his sabbatical and Fergie’s retirement will be entirely synchronised; watch this space 🙂

matt_outandabout

Who?

binners

Terry would be ideally qualified as he’s already orchestrated a Champions League victory from the dug-out 😀

Junkyard
    Free Member

he was the wrong man for the job but the big boss is trigger happy

no secret he wants guardiola

It’s no coincidence that the most successful manager in the league is the longest serving, and vice-versa

I dont think longevity alone breeds success or wengers recent record would be better as would Moyes [ both great mangers but with limited players/resources.-

Gordy
    Free Member

Abramovich is desparate for success, but you don’t get that without some stability – they’ve had eight managers in eight years.

And quite a lot of success, eh.

binners

Nobody, not even Pep, could make a success of Chelsea, long term. As Abramovic always thinks he knows best about team selection etc. Come to think of it, so do half the players!

So managers either get fed up with the constant interference (Jose), or fall foul of the fickle fate of a man who gets his own way, all the time, without question!

I’m convinced any manager would only take the Chelsea job for the inevitable mahooooosive payout, when they’re, somewhat predictably, sacked after 6 months. Nobody is seriously going to go there to build a team for the future. There’s no point even starting….

glupton1976
    Free Member

Rafa – to Chelsea – I sure hope not.

G_L – forget about Djimi Traore in the final – what about Igor Biscan playing a pivotal role on the knock out stages.

Reluctant
    Free Member

Utter madness. Roberto delivered the Champions League trophy and the FA cup and this is the thanks he gets. 🙄 Chelsea go back to square one again with another new manager who’ll always be on borrowed time and lookng over his shoulder.

imnotverygood

I suspect that this is punishment for putting Torres on the bench. RA has his favourites & this always takes precedence over the team. It could also explain why he might be interested in Benitez….sigh

spacemonkey

The Facht Waiter is apparently on a flight to England from the Middle East. Interesting Pi55 funny times ahead if he takes it.

geetee1972
    Free Member

Sorry have I just wandered onto wendyballtracks.com?

zerocool

What has this got to do with bikes? And why is it in the bike forum?

thered

Good point, well made

coogan
    Free Member

What has this got to do with bikes? And why is it in the bike forum?

Because Chelsea always change managers. It’s a cycle they go through.

andyrm
    Free Member

Absolutely stupid move to sack RDM – but then Chelsea seem to be more than a little bit trigger happy at the moment. The guy was drafted in as assistant, thenn became caretaker, and in his first season won the FA Cup and Champions League. He has a bit of a slow start this time out, they take one headline loss that leaves them still able to go through, and he gets sacked? Seriously?

Problem is that Abramovich’s hire & fire approach will scare off any decent management talent from wanting to come on board. Can’t see Rafa taking the job – interesting to see what develops over the next 24 hours though…..

Klunk
    Free Member

quite interesting that Chelseas run of poor form coincides with the injury to Frank Lampard. The other two experienced midfielders, Michael Essien and Raul Meireles were sent out on loan and sold respectively. Bit harsh to lay the blame for this at Robertos door.

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 86 total)

The topic ‘Di Matteo Sacked’ is closed to new replies.