Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • DHX4 or Monarch rt3? (accidental ebay purchase content)
  • kayak23

I just accidentally bought a nukeproof mega off ebay 😉 to replace my perfectly good Giant Reign.
    To be fair, I’ve always fancied the mega, its slacker and the shock will change easily from air to coil without removing the drivetrain when I do uplift days etc.

My question is, the shocks being the same eye-to-eye and stroke, is the dhx4 the superior shock? Should I nick that off the Reign and stick the monarch in the reign to sell?

kaesae
    Free Member

Play on both first and see what you think! then sell what ever one you like least, play on both frames as well just to be thorough 😉

boxxer7
    Free Member

My monarch lasted 3 weeks before it started to annoy me with the lack of dampening it then went back to fishers, returned it back “fixed” and it was no better, I was then offered a CCDB and haven’t looked back. I think the Mega Defintely rides better with a coil, it’s no worse at climbing, the rear wheel tracks the ground much better, and by the sounds of things you ride similar terrain to me if your going to be doing uplifts.

Pop the air shock in your tool box and run the dhx.

Dave.

kayak23

Pop the air shock in your tool box and run the dhx.

The dhx is also an air shock. Just wondering which is the better air shock. I also have a coil shock(another fox) which I wang in for uplift days etc and the feel is so, so much better, but the weight penalty on an already heavy setup is too much for xc/trail.

Play on both first and see what you think! then sell what ever one you like least

I would but I’d like to be able to sell the Monarch as brand spanking new and unused…

boxxer7
    Free Member

I missed the “4” bit, just assumed DHX 5 coil, Either way i didn’t think the monarch was much good, if the dhx has decent rebound control go for it but i felt this was the monarchs weakest point.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The topic ‘DHX4 or Monarch rt3? (accidental ebay purchase content)’ is closed to new replies.