Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Dhx 5 or van rc
  • john690
    Free Member

As the title says anyone got an opinion DHX 5.0 or Van rc. Regards John

xiphon
    Free Member

Got a 2006 era DHX on my DH bike. Spent several hours adjusting settings and riding the same course back-to-back after minor adjustments.

Not touched it since installing it… bang on shock.

wysiwyg
    Free Member

I spent many hours pondering this years ago. And in the end after asking a mate who worked for tf tuned and knows his stuff his opinion, he said van r push tuned, fit and forget. And if you don’t like the tune they revalve it until you do iirc.

Or used double barrel.

LoCo
    Free Member

Van Rc as it’s nitrogen charged and more reliable than the DHX, fully custom tunable too, the RC is better than the R as it has external low speed compression adjustment as well.
    We can supply and custom tune these.
    Alternativly you could use one of our DSP Racing duelers, which for about the same price gives a full custom tune, Titanium spring and external high and low speed compression, rebound and bottom out adjustment.

Onzadog
    Free Member

I’ve got a dhx with an avalanche ssv upgrade. That makes for a very nice shock indeed.

john690
    Free Member

Thanks for the replies I will give you a shout in the new year loco my 2011 van rc has a ti spring I think it could benefit from a custom tune I will be running it on my five

rc200f8
    Free Member

I’ve got 2 DHX 5 coils, I think they’re great shocks, had no reliability issues (oldest one is 2005). The best thing for me is that they are home seviceable – no nitrogen charge & no stupid service costs.

LoCo
    Free Member

john690 no problems.

The DHX can be tuned as well but the performnace it’s quite as good as a tuned VAN due to the design, but not a huge amount in it.

Onza just had a look at the SSD Avalanche stuff, quite interesting, may have a play with some stuff in the new year as getting some other stuff designed and made at the moment 😉

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘Dhx 5 or van rc’ is closed to new replies.