Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • dhb windslam long sleeve jersey
  • oscillatewildly
    Free Member

any good for summer nights when around 15degrees and lower with a cool breeze nearing the end of the rides?

dont want something really hot and thick material, as i have a gore alp x thermo jersey, but its too thick for summer and goes really heavy when sweaty…

any thoughts?

mtbmatt
    Free Member

Think it could be a good choice. The roubaix version would be far too warm for summer, the standard windslam is thinner and good for cooler days.

oscillatewildly
    Free Member

cheers matt is it really really thin then? what is the sizing like? im a 36-37 slim build, best with medium??

thisisnotaspoon
    Free Member

Endura do the FS-260 which is supoposed to be better according to some reviews, I’ve not tried the DHB so can’t comment on that but my FS-260 is brilliant for evening/night rides early/later in the year and I use it as an outer layer in the winter with a baselayer underneath.

oscillatewildly
    Free Member

tinis – which one is it? there seems to be a few versions of the fs-260?

how thin is the material then? sounds like your using it exactly what i want it for, summer nights when its a bit damp and wet/cool anywhere around the 10-17degree mark….

as mentioned above ive got a gore one for colder autumn nights as its quite thick material

oscillatewildly
    Free Member

any more views on the dhb windslam please? just a general night ride jerseys? is it thin enough for summer, or am i just best sticking with short sleeve and arm warmers?

thisisnotaspoon
    Free Member

Mine’s the jetstream II I think, £50 or so. A lot for a jersey, but I easily wore it 3x more than anything else last winter/spring. I bought it over the DHB version as the DHB was reviewed as having the windproof bits in the ‘wrong’ places (think it was lack of protection on the shoulders and forearms).

Just about everything front faceing is windproof, slightly thicker and tighter weeve than normal jersey material, the sides/armpits are more normal jersey material, the backs a kind of roubaix type material.

I had to go upto an XL otherwise it make a bit too much of a feature of my beer belly, if I can lose some blubber before this winter gets going propperly I’ll be treating myself to a new one in a saller size.

cp

the fs260 jetstreams are brilliant. As above, windproof in all the right places, nice cut and long sleeves which are actually long enough for a cycling jersey. Not boil in the bag, but certainly great for spring/autumn rides or winter ones with a baselayer – very versatile.

mtbmatt
    Free Member

Windslam should be fine for summer if you are wanting something warmer than what you use.
    I like a close fit, I am about 34″ chest and have XS.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘dhb windslam long sleeve jersey’ is closed to new replies.