Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • DH Night Riding
  • I_Ache
    Free Member

Has anybody tried riding a proper DH track at night? I am thinking about going up to Style Cop at the Chase for a bit of night time DH fun.

Will I die?

MrNutt
    Free Member

nah, you'll be fine, apart from that off, but hopefully you've not fallen too far from the trail, maybe someone will find you in the morning, if its not raining too hard or they're wearing a full face helmet. GO FOR IT!

ooOOoo
    Free Member

If this guy can do it on this, I'm sure you'll be fine

steveh

No you'll be fine. The Cannock stuff isn't the most gnarly of dh trails so I don't see any problems.

Gooner
    Free Member

you weren't thinking of "cheating" and using lights were you?

IA

What makes it odd, is drops with bar mounted lights (only). Or jumps I guess. Cos if it's dark, you pull up on the bars then can't see the ground, well odd sensation.

scruff
    Free Member

We've ridded most of it at night at some point, what is now Wonderland was a regular night-time trail. I remember sessoning the red and Carlton styling the first drop on his rijid SS whilst we lit it up from above. Walleater and J-claw proper threw down on the black drop n'all, Will was on his HT :HERO:

mushrooms
    Free Member

DH at night is great! I thought I was going to die beforehand but it was the same if not easier than in daylight.

xc-steve
    Free Member

You have the trade off of small drops/jumps look huge with the shadows, but once you get to a certain size drop/jump they don't look any bigger as you can't physically see how big the drop is, so provided your happy to jump into the abyss then you should be fine!

The only thing I struggle slightly with on night time descents is seeing around the corner, this obviously can be rectified with a helmet light!

nbt

You'll be reet, the local DH course has a night race once a year. mind, they line the course with a string of worklights

Spankmonkey
    Free Member

I did hear of a group that got an uplift at cwwm carn and waited till dark then did the full DH track… that must have been a tad scary!

I_Ache
    Free Member

I havnt worked out how to mount a light on my full face yet but I will have a look at that tonight.

I quite fancy it I just need recruits.

Anybody fancy it?

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

The topic ‘DH Night Riding’ is closed to new replies.