Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 20 total)
  • DEVIL CHILD
  • alpin
    Free Member

aaaartrrrrghhhh

screamng. constant screaming.

poor parents.

what have they done in a previous life to deserve it?

the kid is ~18 months. i think from the day they brought it home it hasn’t stopped screming. not crying, just screaming.

they live opposite and having spokjen to other neighbours i know that they can hear it, just that we are directly opposite.
    the kid has woken me up twice in the last two nights.

and there seems to be no reason. sitting happily on the grass. daddy turns around, kid screams. !!!?!!

worse in summer as everyone has their windows open

Xylene
    Free Member

Must refrain from making a Jimmy Saville joke…….

Mackem

Apparently I was a kid like that. I was responsible for my parents falling out with their best friends and neighbours, who moved house. Grew out of it to be quiet as a mouse.

molgrips
    Free Member

Poor kid..

iolo
    Free Member

Poor everyone who has to listen to it.

wwaswas

I’d console myself that I only get woken by it/have to listen to it occasionally. The parents get it 24/7.

My wife teaches in a school with 16 year olds that have behaved like this since birth. Their parents deserve medals, frankly.

crankboy
    Free Member

Firstly I bet it isn’t constant . it will be frequent but it won’t be constant it will just be the thing that draws your attention to a child you otherwise would not notice . Secondly its pretty normal for a child of that age . early months child only has three needs food comfort and sleep it Cry’s parents identify and treat need it stops . As it grows its perception of the world increases its desires expand but it can’t move independently or communicate beyond crying so frustration and desire all expressed through cry/shrieking. Soon it will be mobile and using language then it will cry for another reason.

One of our neighbours very kindly said about our son if the crying gets too much for you dump him at ours and go to the pub for an hours peace . we never took him IP on it but it was a generous offer.
    It is just a phase and an explicable one.
    Either that or the child is possessed does its head spin round?

alpin
    Free Member

He’s off again.

You’re right, it is not constant, but at least every hour for a good 15 mins.

I could make a recording of it, but that’s a bit sad.

Noisy little bugger!

DrP

18 months is a bit old for that sort of ‘communication’ – at that age they’d be screaming (or should be) for a reason.
    Our 6 month old screams a lot. Mostly when she sees mum. Or doesn’t see mum. Or is or isn’t being held (you get the picture).
    But at 18 months they should have higher levels of communication, with an understanding of the purpose of the scream (slight overestimation of child development there, but the drift is they shouldn’t just scream for no reason (like babies) unless there’s something wrong/pain, or, ‘something else’)

DrP

mrblobby
    Free Member

I’d console myself that I only get woken by it/have to listen to it occasionally. The parents get it 24/7.

This ^^^. Must be hell for the parents 🙁

johndoh
    Free Member

18 months is a bit old for that sort of ‘communication’ – at that age they’d be screaming (or should be) for a reason.

Could be manyfold reasons for that sort of communication. From direct experience of a friend’ s child, it turned out to be Autism.

alpin
    Free Member

i remember when they brought him home. even as a new born he was rather vocal.

my sister has a 3 month old now and he’s so silent/content… the polar opposite to next doors kiddy.

BigDummy
    Free Member

A lot of families don’t get their kids exorcised because they worry about the cost.

You could offer to chip in?

slowoldman

Apparently I just sat and sighed for about a year.

iolo
    Free Member

Is his mother called Roesmary?

Northwind

Not every house has a soundproof dungeon, but most houses have a fridge and they’re quite effective sound insulation.

Xylene
    Free Member

My wife and I went to one of those NCT breast feeding class things when she was expecting Mini Q.

Lots of STW types there, or at least I gathered so from the Waitrose shopping bags. I digress.

One couple, a scruffy Kirt Cobaine lookalike, and his hippyesque wife, were all into having the home birth, no drugs and all that carry on bringing little Grunge into the world naturally. Fair play to them, not our idea of fun.

After the group finished, and we went our separate ways, never to meet again, other than one time, where we bumped into Kirt, wife and baby, about 12 months after.

Gunge baby, now had a name, and Grunge baby, had screamed from the day he was born until he was more than a year old, non stop apparently, for the best part of his waking hours, he simply screamed. He was asleep when we met them, and although I was tempted to wake him up and see if it was true, I refrained.

Mum and dad looked like death. We had the worst birth possible, and a happy content child. They had their dream birth, and a devil child.

I know why though. They called their baby boy – Wolfie.

richc
    Free Member

I’ve heard for some kids the screaming can be due to them experiencing pain/discomfort and having no way to tell you, apparently Cranial Osteopathy can help.

I’ve never tried it, but the few people I know who have said it worked. It might be a placebo but it seems to get results.

I will reiterate, I’ve haven’t tried it and I have no connection to anyone who practices this.

bencooper
    Free Member

That sounds a lot like Retrophrenology.

(RIP)

pictonroad

My cousin screamed non-stop as a child. It was so bad his parents were granted respite care on the NHS to give them a break. His younger brother was completely normal.

He stopped about 3 but it was constant up til then. He doesn’t say a word as an adult, moved to a big house in a forest in Germany and never speaks to anyone, he got it all done early on.

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 20 total)

The topic ‘DEVIL CHILD’ is closed to new replies.