• This topic has 54 replies, 28 voices, and was last updated 13 years ago by Del.
Viewing 15 posts - 41 through 55 (of 55 total)
  • Desire users
  • cynic-al
    Free Member

Hubble telescope?

DickBarton

Spectacle cleaning? As in, lens cloth and clean your glasses?

I agree though, I can’t think of any other example where abrasives aren’t used…I’ll get back in my box and stop sounding so curious…

toys19
    Free Member

Umm uses polished mirrors, polished with abrasives.

CountZero

Why use an fm radio when you can just listen to Internet radio?
    Loads more choice plus the ability to record, pause, etc.

Trouble is it’s the use of streaming radio and tv that caused the networks to drop unlimited Internet on smartphones. My O2 contract now gives me 500Mb/month. I can use that in a week listening to three hours of Lauren Lavern per day on 6Music, each three hour show uses 100Mb.
    The camera on my old N95 v1.0 sucked totally. It wouldn’t focus on a large stationary object, not even a 70′ sailing ship in the middle of Bristol docks. Huge disappointment, glad to get rid of the damned thing, useless GPS, woefull battery life… Rubbish, even phone calls were bad, the speaker buzzed and distorted voices.

legend
    Free Member

is there a navigation tool like nokias ovi maps? I have a htc desire |HD coming on monday and want to be able to use sat nav..

Navigation is indeed an OVI Maps equivalent, however (and this is fairly important for once) you cannnot pre-download the maps. Ie, if your going abroad you cant just get hold of France (for example) and get going. So in the UK you’ll use up some of your data allowance, abroad you’ll just get royally shafted 🙁

stumpy01

You can get Co-Pilot for just over £20 that stores the UK mapping on the SD card so you don’t rely on data connection and you don’t spank your allowance, either.

I think if you want Euro mapping, it’s just over £50.

With regards to battery life, turning the 3G & wi-fi on only when you need it, makes a huge difference.

DickBarton

I have everything switched off, but do use Bluetooth for about 40 minutes a day (20-minute commute each way) – I do surf the web (mobile connection for about 30 minutes during the day and I use the Wifi about 1.5 hours whilst at home, camera is used once or twice every couple of days – battery is properly dire as it needs charged daily…it’s really poor.

This seems to be the achilles heel of all smartphones just now – the battery is just so poor. The phone is superb but having to charge it daily kind of limits you to where you can go and what you can do (if you don’t have a recharging source you are stuffed)…

If I could stretch it to 2 days then it’d be the perfect phone, but just now, it’s just a very good phone…but I don’t know any mobile smartphone that would last more than a day so it’s the Holy Grail of phones for me.

Bigger capacity battery would make a huge difference…

toys19
    Free Member

if your going abroad you cant just get hold of France (for example) and get going. So in the UK you’ll use up some of your data allowance, abroad you’ll just get royally shafted

Arse. DAmn. I’ll be sending it back then.

toys19
    Free Member

Mine has turned up today, looks ace, I think I may have solved the satnavissue cheaply, so I am considering keeping it. I have a few questions.

1) Given that it charges using a USB cable does this mean I can charge it from my PC/laptop?
    2) Any recommendations on case/protection, a silicon jobby with screen shield would ring my bells…
    3) How long should I charge it for first time??

kimbers

1)yes
    2) i just got a six quid one from ebay with a screen protector seems good
    3) i dont think that kind of stuff matters with modern batteries?

toys19
    Free Member

kimbers linky?

kimbers

i used these guys and i lied it was 2-45 i got the gel one

ordered after 3pm

arrived 9am the next day

http://stores.ebay.co.uk/EXCLUSIVE-MOBILES-LTD/HTC-Desire-HD-Shop-/_i.html?_fsub=1931247013&_sid=369386863&_trksid=p4634.c0.m322

toys19
    Free Member

sold. nice one kimbers cheers.

DickBarton

I’m hoping for a case-mate Tough for mine for Christmas…the cheap cover I’ve got works but it’s going saggy.

I just plugged the phone in to the charger and left it until the LED went green…probably not really needed these days but thought I may as well let it get a full charge before I started playing.

Del

I just plugged the phone in to the charger and left it until the LED went green

what it says to do in the manual. 😉

Viewing 15 posts - 41 through 55 (of 55 total)

The topic ‘Desire users’ is closed to new replies.