Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Desire or Nexus
  • peakprowler
    Free Member

Thinking about getting one of the above phones on Vodafone at the same price, any for & against welcomed

Surf-Mat
    Free Member

Aren't they more or less the same?!

Got the Desire and it's eermmm – desirable.

psychle
    Free Member

I think the only difference is the trackball setup and that the Nexus has noise cancelling (for clearer conversations etc)? Apart from that, pretty much the same? Though, maybe the Nexus doesn't have the rather nice HTC Touchflo interface?

kimbers

the desires interface software -htc sense- is supposed to be much better than the nexus' one

other than that not much

IanMmmm
    Free Member

Nexus One – updates directly from Google without HTC or operator intervention and therefore gets the latest greatest Android release more quickly. The 2.2 release is rumoured this week (to coincide with Google IO)

mogrim

Desire, and I've got a Nexus One. The lack of proper buttons at the bottom mean that I frequently "click" on the home or menu buttons instead of the space bar on the on-screen keyboard.

That said, it's a minor issue and I'm very happy with the phone overall otherwise.

psychle
    Free Member

Should add, I have a Desire myself, very very nice phone to use, so much more than a phone in fact… it's a brilliant gadget to have! 🙂 Sure you wouldn't go wrong with either really though.

IanMmmm
    Free Member

Android 2.2 is out for Nexus One now. I got it last night – had to do a manual install though. You can now watch flash video in the browser so Vimeo, BBC News etc. Also a lot lot faster than 2.1. Happy days.

freddyg
    Free Member

Another thing to think about is the data package. The desire comes with a 500MB FUP allowance (about to change) and the Nexus comes with a 1GB cap.

Check out the vodafone forums to see a great number of mightily p*ssed of Desire owners (self included).

Flaperon

If you get the Nexus One with T-Mobile the cap is 3GB. You can go over this, in fact, if you're tethering but the worst you get is a snotty text from customer services. They can't cut you off because it says "unlimited", but they can't boot you off the contract because they need the money.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘Desire or Nexus’ is closed to new replies.