• This topic has 17 replies, 12 voices, and was last updated 6 years ago by Caher.
Viewing 18 posts - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)
  • Designated Survivor PSA
  • johndoh
    Free Member

Anyone seen the first season? If so, did you know that they have just released episodes 11 and 12!

I mean, WTF – I heard there was a new season starting this week, logged on to Netflix and came across these two new episodes completing season one!

Bonus 🙂

somafunk

There’s another 3 episodes of series 1 still to be broadcast (13,14,15), It’s a good series and worth a watch.

curiousyellow
    Free Member

How is this show still being made?

And why am I still watching it?

The writing, the plot and the acting are absolutely terrible. I just keep watching for what far-fetched scenario will come about next.

somafunk

The writing, the plot and the acting are absolutely terrible. I just keep watching for what far-fetched scenario will come about next.

Sounds like the US presidency in a nutshell so not at all far fetched 😉

richmtb

Its alright. Watchable enough but I wouldn’t call it essential viewing

Having watched the first part of Season 1 I probably will stick with it.

“Shooter” was better if you like president assassination plot lines

johndoh
    Free Member

There’s another 3 episodes of series 1 still to be broadcast (13,14,15)

Ahh yes – that is different to what I understood from Netflix but Google seems to agree with it.

oldnpastit

I managed to get through the first half of episode 1 before giving up out of sheer dullness and boredom. Do I get a prize?

ransos
    Free Member

I stuck out episode one, but it was so utterly silly that I didn’t bother with the rest.

johndoh
    Free Member

I stuck out episode one, but it was so utterly silly that I didn’t bother with the rest.

I don’t understand why people say things like that – it’s entertainment, it isn’t meant to be a documentary – did you actually expect it to be a realistic reflection of what would happen in such an event? I am pretty sure the reality would make incredibly boring viewing.

curiousyellow
    Free Member

The problem is it can’t make up its mind if it’s a political thriller, or an action teledrama. So you get the worst of both. I’ll grant it’s somewhat entertaining, but there are better choices.

Plus the plot has sinkhole sized gaps. I can make the odd stretch if imagination, but I can only go so far.

Even Shooter is based on a movie, so it’s hard to watch. Also, I keep thinking “why did Foreman go into the military”, and “so that’s what happened to the Cruel Intentions guy”! He faked his death and went into the army!

P-Jay
    Free Member

For a series with “new episodes every Thursday” plastered on every poster, it’s pretty sporadic.

It’s a bit of a disappointment for me, started well but took a turn for the ludicrous very quickly.

johndoh
    Free Member

Plus the plot has sinkhole sized gaps.

Yes, the biggest one for me was the graveyard scene – why did she go in alone rather than wait for the backup which was there?

Houns

It comes across (as many of these things do) as some sort of propaganda to make Americans believe their country is great…. Brainwashing almost…. Count the American flags!

But yeah, I watch it 😕 😆

seosamh77
    Free Member

I’ve been watching, dunno why thought, it’s poor tv.

greentricky
    Free Member

Same been watching despite only finding it average

Shooter was much better and Homeland is better again

samunkim
    Free Member

Don’t Trust the Bitch in Apartment 23

&

Dexter

somafunk

I’m not sure how as I thought the series was due to finish on episode 15 but I appear to have just watched episode 18, needless to say it is most definitely my last as it has rather quickly descended further into complete and utter farce and I’m convinced the actors know this as they are not even trying to be sincere anymore.

Ho-hum…. 14 hours of my life wasted, I could have spent that time doing something rewarding and productive such as sitting on my arse day dreaming

Caher

Ok post ride/gym fodder, but the constant 15 minute climaxes seem to be made for the add hungry US market.

Viewing 18 posts - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)

The topic ‘Designated Survivor PSA’ is closed to new replies.