Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Descent from Coombe Hill, Wendover.
  • crocodilian
    Free Member

For anyone that comes down this hill (down the bridleway) on the way back to Wendover, there are a couple of rather low and spiky branches that have managed to work their way across the track, just at the bottom as the trail turns to a chalky gully. The brakes got a good testing!
    I tried moving them but I think they need more people or a saw to move. I know there's been some felling recently but this looked a lot like a strategic placing, something I'm seeing more and more of around Wendover Woods and the surrounding hills. So be careful!

br
    Free Member

good reason to use the footpath route instead 😉

soobalias
    Free Member

report it to the prow officer, they will sort it.

i remember it can be done online, but here is the extract from the cc website

Obstruction and encroachment – The County Council has a statutory duty to remove all obstructions and encroachments on public rights of way (Highways Act 1980 section 130). If you find any obstruction or encroachment:

* Check that the path is recorded as a public right of way and report the problem initially to Highways on call (0845 230 2882) or fill in an online issue report form.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

The topic ‘Descent from Coombe Hill, Wendover.’ is closed to new replies.