Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Descend Bike Park
  • mikeastley
    Free Member

How tough is Descend compared to say BPW or Antur Stiniog?
    Do you need a full Downhill bike?
    Thanks

pothead
    Free Member

Never ridden either BPW or Antur Stiniog but (assuming it’s Hamsterley/Danny Harts) you’ll b fine on a trail bike at Descend, DH bike would probably be more fun on some trails tho

cyclelife
    Free Member

Hard to compare with BPW and AS,its
    Different – old skool DH trails which are rooty and steep in places not too technical but in the wet you can see how Danny learnt his skills. I ride it regularly on a 160mm, couple of bigger drops that would ease the bum twitches on a DH bike but most of it is more fun on a single crown.

mikeastley
    Free Member

Thanks guys, yes I do mean Danny Hart’s.
    I have a 160mm so I’ll give it a go, should be fun.

woollybackpaul
    Free Member

Tracks are awesome, steep and techie – a step up from BPW and Stinky but defo do-able on a trail bike.

Uplift normally works well too so you should get plenty of runs in. Enjoy.

jacksprogis
    Free Member

[video]https://youtu.be/395mO-DtEkM[/video]

Here ya go dude, this is me on the nomad a few weeks ago.

mikeastley
    Free Member

Looks like a lot of fun. You were going very well there.
    Can’t believe how dry it looks….

gazc
    Free Member

Don’t need a full on DH bike, although when I go I prefer to take my old 26-inch wheeled Scalp than my 27.5 enduro-xc-trail-do it all-160mm bike. Feels a lot more stable and fun for me at full chatter. Def’s need a full face and whatever your preference is for pads/protection.

Think you have to pay a day rate to be a member on top of the uplift charge if you are not – be worth checking before you go.

vincienup
    Free Member

Yep, there’s yearly membership or day rate to be on the course plus optional uplift.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘Descend Bike Park’ is closed to new replies.