Viewing 4 posts - 41 through 44 (of 44 total)
  • Depression – work and medication
  • deadkenny
    Free Member

Funny thing I found in permie life is loyalty is expected from yourself and returned when things are going well, but the instant things aren’t so good that’s all out the door. Politics and finger pointing, lots of stress. Contracting was my plan once I could get out. It’s not been perfect, but is more flexible and you don’t have to stay if things are bad, and it doesn’t look bad because you left or didn’t get renewed.

Richie_B

Go see your GP as many have said and don’t expect any sympathy or help from work.

Best bit advice if your working as a contractor.

Taking the drugs prescribed by the GP worked for me. It kept me in a job and gave me time and head room to make the changes in life that needed to be made. If an when you do come off them please listen to the doctor (i didn’t), its a gradual process and needs to be managed carefully. As be aware that different antidepressants work for different people, my first prescription stopped me doing something stupid but made me feel like I’d been coshed. A change of prescription made a huge improvement.

I can understand the desire to take something natural but St John’s wort is not something to take without advice. It can also mess with the way your body deals with other drugs so the GP needs to know you are taking it.

TurnerGuy
    Free Member

I’m only just picking up exercise again after a break enforced by injury

wait until you get goin on that exercise regime and then see how you feel before going for any medication.

I work in that sector and have a lot of your symptoms – but lack of exercise is causing a lot of it – not sleeping deeply (improves with exercise) and hence more fatique and then lack of concentration, etc.

grumpysculler
    Free Member

It’s almost as though you should be talking to a doctor about medication, really.

Especially if it isn’t prescription stuff, you’ll often find your pharmacist is more of an expert on interactions than your GP.

Viewing 4 posts - 41 through 44 (of 44 total)

The topic ‘Depression – work and medication’ is closed to new replies.