Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Deore 2010
  • clubber
    Free Member

I’m suprised that this hasn’t already been started (but I guess that a lot of people don’t see the news page) but the 2010 Deore looks pretty good.

http://www.singletrackworld.com/2009/02/shimano-deore-2010/

I also found this which has some better pics
    http://forums.mtbr.com/showthread.php?p=5373200

Assuming that the prices don’t rise too much then it certainly looks good as they seem to be incorporating more and more of the higher groupset designs into it. It’s great that they finally have split clamps for the brakes too.

I also like the sound of the 29er cassette – not for a 29er but rather so that I can have a double chainring setup with same range that I currently have on my triple.

mark_b
    Free Member

I want to see a picture of the Deore double and bash that Whatmtb allude to but can’t seem to find one……

RudeBoy
    Free Member

Don’t like it. Too angular and ‘Darth Vadery’. Prefer the roundedness of previous Deore.

james
    Free Member

The Deore bash-36-22T is pictured as new on one of these. Shimano model number 545 apparantly

“I also like the sound of the 29er cassette … so that I can have a double chainring setup with same range that I currently have on my triple.”

How are you going to manage that then? Its only a 36T big sprocket. 32-36T (F-R) is a similar ratio to 21-24T (F-R), which on a 32T cassette is only the third biggest sprocket

james
    Free Member

From this pic from mtbr:

Does this mean the end of Deore 6-bolt hubs?

Mister-P
    Free Member

Current Deore does not include 6 bolt hubs but they are still available and I imagine the will continue to be available even when this group appears.

I_Ache
    Free Member

Im thinking I will put a 29er cassette on my bike when my XT one wears out which wont be too long as I find I use the lower gears much more than the higher ones due to my 26 36 setup. Although I can still get up the hills at CyB so I cant be doing too badly.

james
    Free Member

upHills? At CyB? Where were they then?

I can’t remember anything overly steep there. The road shortcut after the cafe out on dragons back was about the steepest bit I can remember. The rest was just annoyingly long (though steepish, not overly so)

26:34 (F:R) works out slightly easier than 22:28, which is the second biggest on a 11-32T casette.
    Else 26:32 (F:R) works out slightly harder than 22:28 (second biggest on an 11-32T, or slightly easier than 22:26 (third biggest on an 11-34T)

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘Deore 2010’ is closed to new replies.