Viewing 21 posts - 81 through 101 (of 101 total)
  • Demo review of Banshee Spitfire and Transition Scout (other bikes suggestions?)
  • chiefgrooveguru

Forks are straight steerer 140 mm. Know I could get an adapter but might just splash out and do the job properly and ride it with the correct length forks (looking at dual position Pikes). I run 3 x 10 Shimano – will only take 3* SRAM. Going to have to swap to 2 x 10.

As above, it’s just mech cage clearance and you can run a SRAM front mech with everything else Shimano. I think I have an X9 triple front mech kicking about since I went to 1×10, if you want a freebie?

I’m not convinced that dual position forks are that useful on modern enduro bikes because the BBs tend to be so low that shortening the fork to get a steeper head and seat angle for climbing puts you at risk of constant pedal strikes.

chiefgrooveguru

I should add that I always read your username as ‘asshat’! 😉

Shackleton

I think the “SRAM S3 low direct mount system” refers to the spacing and arrangement of fixings for attaching it to the bike not that you need a SRAM mech.

I’m running an E2 mount XT front mech on the Phantom with 2.2 rubber queens, so hardly scrawny tyres. It just bolted straight on with no issue at all.

From this and some quick google it appears that SRAM S3 = Shimano E2 so you should be able to take your pick.

ahsat

I also found that dual position pikes didn’t perform as well. Apparently the damping is different. Also the bb is already very low on the spitfire in 26. Would having dual position pikes cause more problems than you think it solves?

Fair point and I was just getting to the point of googling the duals to see if they have any issues. Also being an indescive women between 150 & 160mm so was chickening out with dual position. However happy to go solo (it is cheaper as well) if a better idea.

Thanks for input on the drive chain and thank you very much for the mech offer Chief. Looks like I need to speak to the mechanic (aka the husband) who is currently working. Maybe we can get it rolling with just new forks and seat post for now and I can do wheels and groupset when required.

Still wondering that I cant quite be described as an aggressive trail rider! Lol.

I should add that I always read your username as ‘asshat’!

You aren’t the first! It is however just Tasha backwards, as Natasha backwards is Ah Satan!!

Shackleton

Keith the designer recommended 160 for 26″ and 150 for 650b to maintain “best fit” geometry if that helps.

By the by, I have this nagging feeling that I sold your husband a stem 2-3 years and I handed it over to you outside the Calman centre. Ring any bells? Could be wrong mind, but it’s just niggling me.

nuke

Also being an indescive women between 150 & 160mm so was chickening out with dual position.

Pike DP 160/130 can be reduced with the £25 150/120 air shaft…i know ive just done it. Therefore if you do find 160 too much its a fairly cheap simple job to reduce them

ahsat

Ha. Shackleton so you did. You still in Durham? I’ve also just made the link the Chief is the guy behind the Brighton spitfire review!

Do you also know Keith is a Durham graduate himself? Knew him at college.

Ok ta for that. Will probably go 150 then as will look for a wheel upgrade pretty quick. However can I adjust it up to 160 if its not right?

nuke

However can I adjust it up to 160 if its not right?

Think you’ll have to work the other way around if after dual positions and get 160 with expectation you’ll reduce to 150 as i doubt you’ll find after market pikes dual pos 27.5 in 150

ahsat

Thanks Nuke. More thinking with solos of going 150 > 160?

Shackleton

No longer in Durham/Newcastle area, I moved up to Dundee about 18 months ago. Beer is worse, riding is better (or at least bigger). Balances out in the end. Say Hi to Chopwell from me, I miss it for winter blasts

P20

Shackleton, did I not buy your Dialled Love/Hate too?

alanm
    Free Member

Ahsat,

I have a 2015 Medium stealth Black Spitty frame for Sale, bought end of October, if interested

Shackleton

I was mulling over that last night too but my brain was struggling to make connections. Is it still going? I was reminiscing about it only last week 🙁

ahsat

I have a 2015 Medium stealth Black Spitty frame for Sale, bought end of October, if interested

Cheers Alanm – why you selling? What you possibly looking for it? Was going to go via finance but could consider if price is right.

alanm
    Free Member

Looking for £950 comes with both 26 and 27.5 drop outs, hope headset and xt front mech, I managed to get a deal on a Ibis Mojo HD3 that i couldn’t resist.

ahsat

Can you email me some pictures when you have a moment? Email in profile.

alanm
    Free Member

No probs probably be tomorrow, I am in west lothian if you wanted to see it

ahsat

Great. Thank you. May well be worth the trip (I’m in Newcastle, but hohum!).

ahsat

One quick question…does it come with the crane Creek or fox shock?

rockthreegozy
    Free Member

I’d also like photos if the OP doesn’t bite

Chipbutty
    Free Member

Got my Spitfire frame on Saturday. First ride yesterday. Very nice.

Viewing 21 posts - 81 through 101 (of 101 total)

The topic ‘Demo review of Banshee Spitfire and Transition Scout (other bikes suggestions?)’ is closed to new replies.