Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Demo Forks
  • vinnyeh

Does anybody do these? I fancy trying some Fox 36's and Lyriks, but don't really want to fork out a lot of cash on something that I'm not sure will be right- if I can demo bikes, surely somebody should do forks.

julianwilson
    Free Member

Borrow a demo bike featuring the fory you're interested in, I'd have thought. Its a bit of a faff switching forks with a customer's just for a weekend.

But yes, when you consider that a set of upper-range 36's retails for as much as a lower-mid-spec hardtail bike, that is a good point about a huuuuge investment!

thisisnotaspoon
    Free Member

I've never ridden a demo bike that hadn't been jet washed, and the forks weren't full of water/bone dry as a result.

I looked at 36's, are they really 8x better than a set of second hand RS Domains?

vinnyeh

I looked at 36's, are they really 8x better than a set of second hand RS Domains?

Who knows, but that sort of quantification applies to just about anything in life. Diminishing returns.
    I suppose I could get a demo bike, and swap the forks over to my bike- I'd like to try them on my own bike- not much point in checking them out on something else.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

The topic ‘Demo Forks’ is closed to new replies.