Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • deleted contacts on mobile phone
  • mucker

Help.

In an attempt to stop the constant messages from my annoyingly clunky Samsung Galaxy Ace phone warning me that its internal memory is almost full I regularly go through the apps list and delete cached stuff. However I fear I’ve overdone it this time as my complete contacts list is now missing, it was on the phone memory I think.

I’m a bit of an old geezer but know how to connect it to my laptop and can follow instruction if anyone knows if this situation is reversible.

gonzy
    Free Member

if you use the android market place to download apps to your phone you will have needed to set up a google account.
    if you did and synchronised the google account with your device then the contacts should have automatically backed up to your google account. check there to see if your contact list has been backed up.

mucker

Thanks Gonzy, sad to say I always thought the sychronised thing was big brother so didn’t do it, guess whose sorry now. I have managed a partial retrieval from the SD card but info is about 10 months old so lots of recent stuff has been lost.

How do I keep my phones memory from filling up with junk, it seems to have got full up very quickly recently to the point where it won’t accept messages because its already full. I don’t run a lot of applications, facebook, yahoo, whatsapp etc. something seems to have changed.

gonzy
    Free Member

if you go into the phones application manager in the settings you can see where all the programmes are stored. some automatically get saved onto the memory card but some go into the phone memory as default. some of those on the phone memory can be moved to the memory card but some apps like facebook and whatsapp cant be moved.
    also go into the android market place and if you look in the sub menu you can find which apps you currently have then go into each app you have and make sure the auto update option is deselected. some of the app updates are useless and all they do is take up memory on the phone.
    make sure all image, music files etc are also saved or moved to the memory card too to free up space.
    also synchronising accounts like facebook, whatsapp and google mail means that stuff can be backed up onto the account so it doesnt take up as much memory on the phone and also in the case of losing stuff you can always retrieve it.
    the wife has a galaxy s4 which recently crashed due to a firmware problem…she managed to save most of her stuff this waay when samsung wiped the phone to repair it.
    i’m sure there are more ways of improving the phone memory but i cant think of any more offhand but maybe try some of the dedicated user forums such as the one below may be of use to you
    http://androidforums.com/samsung-galaxy-ace/

mucker

Thank you very much for your thoughts and time.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The topic ‘deleted contacts on mobile phone’ is closed to new replies.