Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Delamere incident last night – badger involvement
  • velocipede
    Free Member

Night ride last night, coming down off Old Pale at a fair lick….

..the front man in our group hit a badger at about 25mph (lucky it wasn’t a bit further back up the trail as we were going a fair bit quicker).

Despite coming down like a ton of bricks, he was in one piece, thankfully. The badger scooted off pretty quick and didn’t look too distressed….

Lesson? Maybe tone down the speed on a night ride, downhill at least! I think we’ll be going considerably slower next week!! 😀

piedidiformaggio
    Free Member

Badgers are hard buggers

tazzymtb

mate of mine hit a badger night riding and it spun off into the bushes, we came around the corner to a lovely scene of man lying on ground, still clipped into bike bike screaming

“oh _____ it’s looking at me”;
    “ohmygodffs it’s coming straight at me”

…..”EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEk”

whilst fending of the grumpy badger with his camelback as it had come back for a go.

it looked at all of us, swore a bit in badgerese and meandered off into the bushes , leaving 1 rider having a hysterical fit and 3 of us laughing our bags off.

thomthumb
    Free Member

built like f—— tanks. they move too.

tazzymtb

they move too.

racefaceec90

even lion’s think twice about taking one of these on 😯

project
    Free Member

Shouldnt it have been wearing high viz , due to all the tree choping vehicles in the forest.

smeg
    Free Member

I have come very close to hitting a badger at Delamere, still not sure how I missed it, just ran straight across in front of me. Not seen any since.

SaxonRider

velocipede – Member

Night ride last night, coming down off Old Pale at a fair lick….

..the front man in our group hit a badger at about 25mph (lucky it wasn’t a bit further back up the trail as we were going a fair bit quicker).

Despite coming down like a ton of bricks, he was in one piece, thankfully. The badger scooted off pretty quick and didn’t look too distressed….

Lesson? Maybe tone down the speed on a night ride, downhill at least! I think we’ll be going considerably slower next week!! Helmets are a life-saver.

FTFY.

aracer
    Free Member

[video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EIyixC9NsLI[/video]

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘Delamere incident last night – badger involvement’ is closed to new replies.