Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)
  • Deja vu – how/what/why etc?
  • CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

OK, just had my second massive flashback/forward of deja vu in a week and it's a little unsettling.

WTF is it? How does it happen? Why does it happen? etc. etc. etc.

Anyone?

dropoff

Lay off the Merlot, or take more excercise ..

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

Its acid flashbacks. Nowt to worry about. It happens to all acid heads

deft
    Free Member

Can't remember exactly off the top of my head but the part of your brain that recalls memories becomes active for no reason

retro83
    Free Member

glitch in the matrix, it happens when they change something

tails
    Free Member
    peteimpreza

You need to get out of your bedsit more.

Purplefunkymonkey
    Free Member

Usually followed by an epileptic siezure (blackout) in my case (Temporal lobe epilepsy)
    First happened when I was 30yrs old , sort of like this , this has happened before , so has this , and this , smelled that before and this , next thing I knew someone asking me wtf happened there? apparently I walked past everyone in a zombie like state to a quiet place on my own. Can't remember this "blackout" but the aura stays fixed in my mind forever , bloody scary and not vey nice.
    Now controlled with drugs but I still panic if I get the deja vu thing.
    Go see yer Quack if it keeps happening , better safe than sorry.

Not trying to freak you out btw. 🙂

da funk

IanMunro
    Free Member
    Moses

It's just a flash-forward from the future, time running backwards in your little corner of hyperspace. Nothing to worry about, it evens out after a while.

🙂

dawson

lol @ IanMunro!

SST
    Free Member

LOL @dawson LOL'ing @IanMunro!

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

I honestly haven't googled this but one of the best theories I ever heard was as follows. Each event during any given time period will be sorted by your brain into various different memory types…most of which will be discarded after a few days i.e. you'll forget pretty much everything that happens apart from important things. When you have deja vu, it's like your brain temporarily gets mixed up and loads stuff straight from you seeing it to long term memory without going through the sorting process.

Whenever I have it, it's not like I can tell what's going to happen in a minute, it's more like as the sequence of events unfolds I'm thinking "Yes, I remember that" (but only the instant it happens).

scaredypants

Deja vu – whatever you experience, several stw posters will have had a more vivid version of the same thing, at least 2 of which will have been to a minimum of Olympic standard. These experiences will be posted immediately you mention yours and, just occasionally, in advance.

HTH

scaredypants

Deja vu – whatever you experience, several stw posters will have had a more vivid version of the same thing, at least 2 of which will have been to a minimum of Olympic standard. These experiences will be posted immediately you mention yours and, just occasionally, in advance.

HTH

😉

WhatWouldJesusRide
    Free Member

I said to my girlfriend "Haven't we already eaten this today?"

She replied "Yes. it's Deja stew…."

IGMC.

🙄

Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)

The topic ‘Deja vu – how/what/why etc?’ is closed to new replies.