Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 20 total)
  • Dehumidifier
  • Harry_the_Spider

Our trusty ELAD822 went pop yesterday after 6 years of continuous abuse.

I’m looking at an Electriq 16L for about £145 including delivery.

Anyone got any recommendations that I should consider before I buy?

Capacity = 10+ L/24hr

Mostly used for laundry drying so it needs a side exhaust or movable louvers.

Reasonable capacity tank.

Will be used on an open landing off a 4 bed house so it needs to be sized accordingly.

jonnyrockymountain

ebac

FunkyDunc
    Free Member

Tumble dryer ?

PaddyMcG
    Free Member

We’ve got an EcoAir DD122 that we use for laundry drying. £170 from Amazon. Swinging louvres, laundry settings, ioniser and a silver filter too, whatever that does. Works well, quiet-ish, and glows blue when running.

grizedaleforest

+! for EcoAir.

We’ve got this model EcoAir DD322. Been used for 4 years now running much of the time in the utility room to dry laundry and bikes.

Harry_the_Spider

The EcoAir DD322 looks like the current version of the one that just expired. Also, it has a heater which the Electriq 16L doesn’t as I have just discovered.

Think I’ll go with the EcoAir.

Thanks.

Suggsey
    Free Member

How efficient at water extraction are the desiccant models over the condenser type that I’m running? Very interested as the condenser one seems to struggle in the battle against central heating warmth…..doesn’t seem to extract as much as I thought it used to (before my in laws borrowed it to dry out a damp room) 🙄

sandwicheater

Bookmarked. Been on my to do list for ages.

Harry_the_Spider

Never had a compressor one, but our recently deceased desiccant unit would pull an impressive amount of moisture out of damp washing.

I can’t quantify it, but on a scale of “Meh” to “Wow” it was definitely a “Blimey”.

Scienceofficer
    Free Member

Desiccant dehumidifiers are more effective when ambient temperatures are low. It doesn’t make much of a difference at room temperatures.

retro83
    Free Member

Suggsey – Member

How efficient at water extraction are the desiccant models over the condenser type that I’m running? Very interested as the condenser one seems to struggle in the battle against central heating warmth…..doesn’t seem to extract as much as I thought it used to (before my in laws borrowed it to dry out a damp room)

Everyone loves a graph…

motivforz
    Free Member

Recently I bought this from appliances direct (with a discount code by signing up to Which? for £1 trial).

here

Happy with it so far – it’ll take 8 hours on normal laundry setting to get the 1 washing load dry to the touch. As we run our house at ~16°C we went for dessicant rather than compressor.

It’s a bit loud but we keep it in the bathroom with the door shut so it’s not disturbing to us. Less noisy than the extractor fan we used to have on permanently.

brakes
    Free Member

I’ve been running this one for 4 years* – DIO ELA DD822 8 litre desiccant dehumidifier – possibly not enough capacity for you though.

Normally used for drying washing and keeping the damp away but has also been used for drying out kitchen when it’s flooded. It’s been faultless so far. Although it does seem to have lost a bit of it’s oooomph.

*not constantly but regularly.

Harry_the_Spider

That’s the one that has just packed up on us.

brakes
    Free Member

ah yes. oops. carry on.

EDIT: did you service yours at all, or clean it?

Harry_the_Spider

Hoovered out the filter. Haven’t done anything else.

Can it be serviced? Ours shuts down after a couple of minutes with an alarm showing. If I could do something to fix it I could save a pile of cash.

brakes
    Free Member

don’t know. all we do is clean the filter.

swedishmatt
    Free Member

Or look into PPV SYSTEMS instead for about 3-400. Might work better.

nuke

We’ve been using 2 Meaco DD8L (One standard, one Junior model) both bought from here:
    http://www.energybulbs.co.uk/meaco+dd8l+8+litre+desiccant+dehumidifier+(meaco+dd8l)/741424608?kw=meaco%20dd8l&fl=733989&ci=83438995102&network=s&pm=&gclid=CLDX26Kz8soCFUqdGwodQDwKRw

…so getting a 3 year guarantee. Good speedy service from them as well.

Both have been fautless so far and the DD8L gets good reviews
    The Junior is cheaper as it hasnt got the ioniser & antibacterial filter, neither of which we notice so I’d go with that one if replacing

Suggsey
    Free Member

Retro83 thanks for the graph, a pictures worth a thousand words and enlightening!
    Guess descants the way to go!

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 20 total)

The topic ‘Dehumidifier’ is closed to new replies.