Viewing 22 posts - 1 through 22 (of 22 total)
  • Deep fried mars bar
  • alexandersupertramp
    Free Member

Never had one when I lived in Edinburgh. But working in Glasgow and the youngster I’m working with wants to try one as he has never been to Scotland before. He has only stayed away from Kent when we visit BBC sites with work. Nearest chippy near to Pacific quays would great if any off the less healthy of you can recommend.

akira

Deep fried Snickers is better, although the best is deep fried pizza.

RustySpanner

Tried one last year – I imagine it would have been slightly less minging if they hadn’t fried it in the same oil they fried the fish in. 😳

bookwyse
    Free Member

Deep fried mince pies after a cold ride were nice……

dandax1990
    Free Member

Just make your own, piece of p*ss.

big_scot_nanny

Double decker is where it’s at!

maccruiskeen

For proximity to the BBC then pretty much any chippy you see along Paisley Road West would sort you out, nearest is probably the one next to Cessnock Tube Station. Otherwise cross the river and head up to Argyle St and turn left and theres an OK chipper opposite the tesco metro.

But if you want take the kill or cure (or at least cure the curiosity) route then I’d prescribe a Stonner

alexandersupertramp
    Free Member

Maccruiskeen

Thanks for that . His dream could come true
    The stoner sounds terrible.

wilko1999
    Free Member

There’s a chippy in the Podsmead area of Gloucester that will deep fry pretty much any food you take in. Cadburys Crème Egg was good. Their speciality though was deep fried chips. Obviously chip shop chips are normally deep fried, but these were all individually done in batter.

wwaswas

During all those storms in December I heard that the Scottish coast was getting battered.

They’ll deep fry anything.

igmc.

B_Leach
    Free Member

Not quite as horrific as something I’ve learned of: the Doncaster doughnut. The leftover ring of meat from the bottom of a kebab “elephant leg” that’s been battered and deep fried…
    *shudders*

khani
    Free Member

Many many years ago I was working in Cumbernauld for a week and went to the chippy for my tea one night, cue one battered deep fried cheapo place mat pizza, deep fried mars bar and chips, in a heavy Scottish accent I was asked if I wanted ‘salt’n’soss’ and being dazed and confused I said yes.. Cue half a gallon of cheap runny tomatoe sauce being poured over the pizza and chips,, it was foul!! 😥 the Mars bar was the most edible bit..
    On the bright side I went to the local curry house and it turned out the owner knew my dad from when he lived in Crawley before I was born, I ended up with more curry than I could eat in a week.. for nowt.. 😛

alexandersupertramp
    Free Member

Got one on Paisley Road. Bit not from the tartan chip shop by pacific quays. Despite being a stocky young bloke with a shaved head, he didn’t want to go in because of the school kids queuing up.

Forgot how rough it was around there. He was called a English c**t by a homeless guy after he gave him a pouch of baccy but didn’t give him any cash as well . Prostitutes in the road outside argyle street asking him if he wanted anything. He wanted to take his daughter hill walking in Scotland but now he not sure 🙂

Mars by Alpine160, on Flickr

fasthaggis

Good work.

Tell him to stay classy.

bombjack
    Free Member

Used to frequent a chippy that offered battered rum truffles.
    I was in Oxford though…
    And they were good. 🙂

kcal

hill walking in Scotland is unlikely to be in vicinity of Paisley Road West / Argyle Street.
    But you / he knows that..

maccruiskeen

Forgot how rough it was around there.

You’re not generally going to find a deep fried mars bar in the more genteel postcodes. 🙂

If you want to rub shoulders with a better class of coronary patient you need to look for Battered Butter

fasthaggis

maccruiskeen

^ that looks familiar – just needs a little dusting of sugar and a garnish of ‘vegetable’

[video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=42oUVwyFsZI[/video]

oliverracing

garnish of ‘vegetable’

:mrgreen:

leffeboy

^ that looks familiar – just needs a little dusting of sugar and a garnish of ‘vegetable’

or some batter even…

fasthaggis

Washed down with one of your ‘five a day’

Viewing 22 posts - 1 through 22 (of 22 total)

The topic ‘Deep fried mars bar’ is closed to new replies.