Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Decorators – paint for uPVC
  • sharkbait
    Free Member

As far as I’m aware it’s possible to paint uPVC is it’s primed properly. Is there any particular type of paint I should use as the top coat?

footflaps

Based on my experience of painting the PVC Gas meter box, the top coat can be any old wood gloss, it’s the undercoat / primer that matters. When that fails, everything just comes off as a single layer…

jonba
    Free Member

Probably not but read the info on the primer and on the topcoat your are using. It may also be worth seeing if the brand you choose has a website as they may have more info on there.

As with most things painting – surface prep is the key so read the primer instructions carefully and be meticulous.

I would recommend sticking to one brand/company if possible. It will minimise any problems. When developing the primer they will have tested it with a variety of topcoats to make sure it works however, from experience they are normally only the ones in the same business as it is hard to get hold of competitor samples ( less so in retail than industrial where I am but you wouldn’t test extensively outside your own product range).

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

The topic ‘Decorators – paint for uPVC’ is closed to new replies.