Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Decide for me – should I ride tomorrow?
  • ebennett

Currently got a cold that’s making me a bit snotty and sinusy, but isn’t affecting below the neck so far. After being cooped up in an office all week looking at the nice weather outside I really want to ride tomorrow, plus the girlfriend is working so don’t really have anything else to do.

However, I had that horrible cough that loads of people seemed to have for most of March and part of April, and had only really been back riding for a month when this one struck, which makes me think my immune system is shagged just now. I get really frustrated by not being able to ride when I’m ill, so I’d rather not prolong this cold if I can avoid it. Also, there are heavy showers due tomorrow so I’ll probably get soaked at some point which could make things worse.

Do I:

a) HTFU, stop overthinking things and go ride?
    b) Sit on the sofa and hope I end up being well enough to ride on Monday?

howsyourdad1
    Free Member

I always say if you feel well enought that you want to ride, go for it. If i’m truly sick the thought of riding doesnt really appeal.

stevextc
    Free Member

Getting wet won’t make any difference.
    Being snotty and sinusy this time of year is aggravated by pollen … even if you don’t usually suffer hay fever having a cold and snot the pollen will certainly not help…

On the other hand I got rid of what sounds like the same thing by going out riding and emptying my sinuses….

fifeandy
    Free Member

If its above the neck, go riding but take it easy imo

ebennett

Being snotty and sinusy this time of year is aggravated by pollen

Yeah, I get hayfever so wondering of part of it is that, but the glands are definitely up 😕 .

I’m definitely leaning towards riding, but this way I can blame STW when/if I get worse afterwards 😆

n0b0dy0ftheg0at
    Free Member

As already written, above the neck go for a ride, but don’t attempt to break established segment PBs.

uselesshippy
    Free Member

Ride your damn bike man.
    Might be worth while taking it easy though. 😀

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

5plusn8
    Free Member

“To know if the weather is too bad for training, put on your gear, go training, then you know when you get back!” Sean Kelly.

You could apply the same to illness?

“To know if you are too sick and bad for training, put on your gear, go training, then you know when you get back!” 5plusn8.

smiththemainman
    Free Member

Stole that cheers Flashy , that will come in handy!!

bodgy
    Free Member

Nah; kick back in a hammock with a good book instead.

ebennett

Looks like the ayes have it!

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

The topic ‘Decide for me – should I ride tomorrow?’ is closed to new replies.